Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Cross Tab keeps suppressing rows with no data

I have a Crystal Report that is using a Cross Tab. I have 2 rows in the cross tab the first row is the Month name and the second row is the Day Number of the month, and the report will print the Month Name on the left followed by all the Calendar Day Numbers in the month.

The problem is that when there is no data for a Day Number row the entire row is not shown. So you might have day number 1, 2, 3 and then jumps to maybe 6. I found that the ones the cross tab was not showing did not contain any data. I just need the calendar day number to at least print so the days read sequentially instead of jumping to 6 or another number.

Is there any way to show the rows even if they don't contain any data?

I have right clicked and gone into the Cross Tab expert and there isn't anything checked to suppress rows. I don't understand why its still suppressing rows!

Is there a global report option that I missed that says "suppress rows when there are no records"?

Thank you all in advance,

I am using Crystal Reports XIR2 with Service Pack 4

replied

Levi,

If there is no data returned to the report for a specific day then it will not appear in the report and therefore not in the crosstab. You could create a table that contains all of the days of the year and link it to the existing table with an outer join to return all of the days. It doesn't even have to be a table in the database it could be an excel spreadsheet.

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question