cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Product cost by period vs product cost by order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

Can I use Product cost by object and product cost by order for the same plant....And also what settings determine system to use product cost by order vs product cost by period ( product cost collector), please specify the path or T-Code, Any answer will be appreciated

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member740051
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can have both under same plant. Genrally, repetitive mfg set up wil have Product cost collector and Deiscreate runs with Order.

So, for Product cost collector materials, it is mandatory to select Production versiion (C223) and create Product cost collector( KKF6N). You can do planning as usual and confirm through transaction code MFBF. For Product cost collector materials, there is no need to create even production order, u can confirm planned order (MFBF). Please make sure, in material master data should be with repetitive manufacturing profile and tick mark.

I hope, it will help you!

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think you can use both in a plant. I am not quite sure of settings for that.

Order category determines if it is a production order or product cost collector. If order type is created with order category 5 it is a product cost collector and if it is 10 it is a production order.