cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPC Modify Work Status

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have set up a work status that requires that 3 of the statuses are available when I first access the Modify Work Status through eSubmit as a user. Currently when I run the Modify Work Status only the first 2 in the list are available. Only when I select the second one from the list and submit it, is the third one available for me to select from. Does anybody know how I can view more than 2 work statuses as an initial starting point for setting work status?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The EvLCK (Lock) function in BPC for Excel retrieves information about work status. You can build a Work Status report using this function.

Syntax

EvLCK("AppName", "Parameter","Member1, Member2, etc.)

Parameter

Description

AppName

The name of the application.

Parameter

The parameter values are:

0=Status

1=User

2=Time

Member1 - n

Member names used to qualify the returned work status information.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm working in BPC 7.0 W and I have two issues regarding the work status:

1) When I set the work status in the BPC web, appears the message "Approval org not found"

The work status is defined and the owner is defined in the entity dimension. Any idea about this error?

2) I'm trying to do a repord using the evlck function. However, when I expand the report to retrieve the data, appears the following message: "Object doesn't support this property or method". Does anyone know which can be the cause?

Thanks and regards,

Ana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ana,

In your web admin, application parameters, you should have one called APPROVALORG. Normally this is set to H1, meaning the parentH1 hierarchy of your drive dimension (usually Entity) determines the approval hierarchy.

In trouble-shooting the EVLCK problem, I would first confirm that you (or anyone) can successfuly modify the work status, for a particular entity/category/time combination. That will confirm that the basic work status setup is correct. Then if there's still a reporting problem with EVLCK, it will be easier to pinpoint.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Tim,

Thanks for your reply, I have set the parameter as you said, but now, I got another error when I try to change the workstatus. It is: "Owner could not be determined from master data of dimension ENTITY"

However, I have set the owner property in the entity members as domain\user.

Do I need to perform any other action to get it work?

Thanks and regards,

Ana

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've never seen that particular error before. I would try processing the entity dimension, and maybe the application too. Hopefully that will clear it up. Also, make sure your own user ID (or a team you're on) is the owner of the particular entity for which you're trying to modify the work status.

It may be worthwhile in the security setup to go click-click-click through the user and team setup screens, to "process" the security too. I've sometimes seen this serves to remind BPC who's boss (or more precisely, what the security setup is for that user).

If you continue getting that error, you may want to file an issue with SAP Support.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ana,

I have exaclty the same issue. Did you solved it?

Rgds,

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

It was just solved a few days ago.

We just installed the SP01 and after that, it works fine.

However, the problem with the EVLCK functions is still there. We can change the work estatus, but the system retrieves an error when we try to expand a report with the EVLCK function.

Regards,

Ana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the quick response!

We ARE in SP01 but nevertheless we are facing this issue...I think I have to open an OSS...

Rgds,

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try to uninstall and reinstall the BPC client (and delete or the BPC folder that is created in my documents). For us, it starts working after doing this.

Regards,

Ana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ana for your help, but this did not solved the problem.

Regards,

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

We applied SP02 and noticed, that in our case the entries in the column Owner need to be case sensitive! When we wrote everything in UPPERCASE it works. Currently we can't set a Team as Owner ( in brackets like [ ). Furthermore, it es helpfull, if every entry in the owner dimension has a owner.

Hope it helps in the future!

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to create a work status that uses the settings Available, Accepted, Rejected, Closed as work status options for accepting or rejecting an order. Available will always need to come first in the work status list but I need to have Accepted and Rejected also appearing when the user first modifys the work status. By changing the work status it will automatically send an e-mail to confirm the change (this part is working OK). I know this is modified use of the work status but is needed to fulfil our requirement. If not possible with the out-of-the-box functionality can anybody think of a workaround?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Wayne

Instead to use the BPC built-in interface Modify Work Status on web, how about you create your own interface to modify the work status in Excel by using macro MNU_ESUBMIT_MODIFY, so you give your users a list of applicable work status list in Excel's sheet and trigger the modify from Excel.

Halomoan

Edited by: Halomoan Zhou on Oct 22, 2008 4:18 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry, I'm wrong

Just tried the macro, actually it call the same menu eSubmit->Change Work Status...

Halomoan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everybody!!

Can any body tell me how to generate BPC work status report.

I am trying to generate the Report but its displaying empty.

Need Help..!

Best Regards,

Satish.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi... work status has to be changed in sequential order. So only adjacent work states will be visible. I doubt you can meet your requirements. You can try changing the order of the work states and try...but still you will be able to see only two work states..

regards,

Lokesh Nandula