cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAPKERNEL stack 9 INFOAPAR saved at V5R3M0, but we are on V5R2M0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Folks

We have not yet upgraded our SAP R/3 4.6C iSeries from V5R2M0, but are in the process of upgrading the OS to V5R4M0 on all our iSeries systems.

In the meantime I have downloaded the SAPKERNEL.SAR stack 9 (patch 2418) for 46D_EXT 64-BIT, and using APYR3FIX it appears to apply correctly, except for when trying to check the INFOAPAR. The following shows in the joblog:

RST DEV('/QSYS.LIB/PCHS01.LIB/INFOAPAR.FILE') OBJ(('/tmp' *INCLUDE '/tmp'))

Message . . . . : File cannot be restored, displayed, or listed.

Cause . . . . . : The file was saved from a more recent release of the operating system or the CD-ROM was not created correctly. The operation requested for save file INFOAPAR in library PCHS01.

The problem is that the INFOAPAR objects were saved at V5R3M0, and so cannot be opened on V5R2M0. Below is what I did to get around the problem, and it appeared to work. I guess I am just after a warm fuzzy that once the APYR3FIX gets to checking the INFOAPAR it has already successfully applied the KERNEL patch.

CRTLIB LIB(GEN46DEOPT)

RSTOBJ OBJ(ALL) SAVLIB(GEN46DEOPT) DEV(SAVF) SAVF(R3FIX46DE/SAPKERNEL)

FTP'd the INFOAPAR save file from library GEN46DEOPT on our SAP 4.6C iSeries at V5R2M0, to a V5R4M0 system. RST the 7 infoapar objects, and then SAV the 7 infoapar objects to the INFOAPAR save file, but this time with target release V5R2M0. FTP'd the INFOAPAR save file back to library GEN46DEOPT on our SAP 4.6C iSeries at V5R2M0.

DSPSAVF GEN46DEOPT/INFOAPAR

SAVOBJ OBJ(ALL) LIB(GEN46DEOPT) DEV(SAVF) SAVF(R3FIX46DE/SAPKERNEL)

APYR3FIX SID(S01) SAVF(R3FIX46DE/SAPKERNEL) SAVLIB(GEN46DEOPT) KRNLIB(R3S0146DOP) GETSAVF(*NO)

This time it ended with "APYR3FIX Completed", and joblog shows the INFOAPAR file being processed correctly.

RST DEV('/QSYS.LIB/PCHS01.LIB/INFOAPAR.FILE') OBJ(('/tmp' *INCLUDE '/tmp'))

7 objects restored.

CHKR3PTF

72 - CALL PGM(CHKR3PTF) PARM('N' 'INQUIRY')

Ownership of object LSTGUS in QTEMP type *USRSPC changed.

14 PTFs checked. 0 missing PTFs detected.

PTF check for V5R2M0 was successful.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Kevin,

thank you for the feedback and sorry for the trouble.

I have provided an updated version of patch SAPKERNEL#9 as of today with the fixed InfoAPAR in it. BTW, the content of the InfoAPAR is updated as well.

Best regards,

René Lang

SAP on IBM i Development

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rene

Thank you for the prompt response, and the quick solution!

I have downloaded and applied the new SAPKERNEL.SAR without any issues.

Regards

Kevin..