cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restrictions for importing WSDL into PI 7.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all-

We have couple of web services mediated through PI 7.0. The WSDL for these services are designed outside and we would like to import them to PI (Inside-out approach). Need help on couple of things

1.Is there any design constraints we need to consider while designing the WSDL ( other than interoperability) ?

2.Is there any specific restrictions on method names? Is it true that (One PI expert told me) the original method names mentioned in the WSDL will be over written by PI (surprising to me)

Thanks in advance

Rajeev

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajeev

1.Is there any design constraints we need to consider while designing the WSDL ( other than interoperability) ?

2.Is there any specific restrictions on method names? Is it true that (One PI expert told me) the original method names mentioned in the WSDL will be over written by PI (surprising to me)

1. There is no such constrain while designing the WSDL just take care about the field values, min occur, max occur etc as per requirement. With this if its going to be Sync or Async based on that request and response should come in WSDL.

2. Original method and names are not over written by XI. While you import WSDL to XI Pi will also generate WSDL so you will see some change. But the actual data to be used is one you bring in the external definition.

Thanks

Gaurav

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

2. Original method and names are not over written by XI. While you import WSDL to XI Pi will also generate WSDL so you will see some change. But the actual data to be used is one you bring in the external definition.

Hi Gaurav,

Can the original external WSDL be used as is to call the web service/services defined in XI/PI?