cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loading eClass or UNSPSC into Hierarchy, remote key isn't generated

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I tried importing eCl@ss and/or UNSPSC into the hierarchy table.

The import works fine and the hierarchy is created.

But the import manager doesn't generates the remote key for the choosen remote system.

Regards,

Sven

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have solved the problem. The mistake was matching the eclass name and the remote key in the "Value Matching" tab.

So the blog "How to import the eClass Taxonomy in SAP MDM" has a little mistake.

Regards,

Sven

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I already did everything what you described. I'm using an Access file as input source.

I'll try it again with an CSV. Maybe it helps.

Regards,

Sven

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just try mapping the original eclass number field to remote key and clone field to eclass number.the import and check in DM.

Also check that your source is updatable(it is not excel or OBDC)

Regards

Nisha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sven,

- If you are trying to Import the eCl@ss and/or UNSPSC into the hierarchy table from an input sources which contains unique key for each record.Then you will need to enable the key mapping as Yes in MDM for the respective MDM table and then in IM you will need to map this unique remote key to the destination <Remote Key> field in the MDM IM->Field mapping tab and then use this Remote key for importing the unique records into MDM.This will make available the Key from the source system to identify the records.

- However if you wish the keys to be generated by MDM for these records as no such unique keys are available from the source system.Then you can do so by seeting the Range for teh key generation under the Remote system property.But these assigned keys will only be visisble at syndication.

Hope It Helped

Thanks & Regards

Simona Pinto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

yes, I am talking about populating a remote key through Import manager.

I mapped the remote key. But it isn't created in the database. I checked it with the data manager using "edit remote key".

I imported the data following the instructions described in:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/wiki?path=/display/home/how%2bto%2bimport%2bthe%2beclass%2btaxonomy%...

Regards,

Sven

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Import manager will not generate any remote key. Remote keys re generated only when your are trying to sydnciate out a record to aselected remote system.

If you are talking about populating remote key through Import manager check if you have <Remote Key> field mapped in yout Import map.

Regards,

Amol.