Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Deployment Of Reports Created In CR2008 using App Created In VS2005 on x64

Hi

I have created reports in CR2008.

I have then created a .Net App that loads the reports, refreshes then exports as a PDF.

This works fine on my XP dev machine but when I install on our Windows 2003 x64 server I get loads of issues related to the version of CR Assemblies installed on the server.

The assemblies on the dev machine are version 12.0.2 and on the server they are 10.5.x or similar.

No matter how I do the deployment, using Clickonce, Windows Installer etc the version of the assemblies on the server wont go above 10...

I have downloaded every Redistributable from the SAP site without success. If I get the Clickonce installer to download the redist from the vendors site, it downloads then tells me that 'CR_Runtime_12_0_MLB.msi has changed since the file was initially published' then terminates.

I have tried the solutions from other issues posted on this site without success.

Can anyone help?!?!

Many thanks

Former Member
replied

Hi David,

Not sure what DEV language you wrote your app in but in C++ and C# check the project settings and make sure you select it to run on x86 mode only. We do not support nor run x64 mode. I had this same error pop up at home on Vista 64 OS in .NET 2005 and C#, I set the app to run in x86 mode only and then it all worked as required and no longer prompted to run the distribution runtime install.

You'll also have to make sure your database client is also running in x86 mode ( 32bit driver ). Depending on how you connect depends on which driver is required and how it's configured. If ODBC run the ODBC Administrator located in the WOW64 under \Windows\

Thank you

Don

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question