Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MRP issue...

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Gurus,

I have two q's.

1. What is the difference between MD02 and MD03. I know one is single level and another is multilevel.Please give me details of Levels.

2. For the procurement Proposals,

E--> IN house(Only Planned orders)

F--> Ext Proc.(MRP controller will choose between Plnd order and PR)

X--> Both

Why we need "X" as it is more or less same as F where we can create either of the two?

Please explain

Thanks in adv.

IS

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Answered

Former Member
0 Kudos

1) What is the difference between MD02 and MD03. I know one is single level and another is multilevel.Please give me details of Levels.

- MD02 If you have material which have BOM e.g. you are running the MRP with MD02 than system will plant all the materals of BOM of this materal as well but in MD03 it will plant only this materail

2. For the procurement Proposals,

E--> IN house(Only Planned orders)

F--> Ext Proc.(MRP controller will choose between Plnd order and PR)

X--> Both

you have scenario where for particualr material some time you are manufacturing inside your plant and some time you procure from externally or you have limited capacity of manufactruing the materials in this case to meet with customer requirement some time you have to buy goods from vendor also so those kind of situation occurs than you have to make procurement as X so you have both option open.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Indu,

For Question 2:

Some times you run out of capacity in the manufacturing plant/ or some other manufacturing plant can produce at lower cost than ur plant does.

So you have 2 options either you manufacture the product or porocure from external plant.

It gives the option when a procurement proposal is raised you can either convert as purchase order/ or a production order accordingly..

Hope it is clear...

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

MD02 > MRP run will affect the material for which you make it run, and all the materials that are under this (via BOM explosion).

MD03 > MRP run won't affect any other material, only the product for which you make it run.

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_03/helpdata/EN/62/32b8371a2c9912e10000009b38f889/frameset.htm

Regards,

Csaba