cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to deploy saved searches to all the users on WEB-UI in CRM 2007?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

I am trying to deploy saved searches globally across all the users in the CRM 2007 system. Most of my searches are related to Activity search component BT126S_APPT.

I tried to change the table CRMD_SHORTCUT.

It is not deploying the search to all the users with different business roles. I would like to deploy based on the application area.

Do you know what is the application area that I need to enter in the field "Audience Key" for activity search.

All the valid answers will be rewarded.

Regards,

Krishna Murthy.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

gregorw
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

there's also a Blog on that Topic now [CRM 2007 : How to publish user saved search to all users in a business Role|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/12213] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];.

Best regards

Gregor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear friends,

While implementing this functionality I came to know the following.

1) Do not forget to enter the "Description" field after entering audience key and audience type in the

CRMD_SHORTCUT table. Otherwise the saved search will not be deployed to all the users.

2) It was found that when we use Audience type as "APPL_AREA" it is not working. Only "User" or

Business "Role" type works. If you want to deploy based on the APPL_AREA then the logic should

be coded ourselves.

I am closing this thread...Thank you for your responses.

Thank you all for your responses.

Regards,

Krishna Murthy.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Krishna,

Since your issue is resolved, can you help me out.

Business scenario

I have a saved search in the table CRMD_SHORTCUT that is specific to a user for a certain role. That user is now moving roles within the organization. Hence, I need to make his saved search available in another role.

What I have done

I created a new entry with the same information as the existing saved search and changed the business role.

TYPE = ADVSEARCH

Description = added same description

Application = New business roles

Related object = BuilContactAdvancedSearch

NAV_DESCRIPTOR = <ui object type>BP_CONTACT</ui object type>

AUDIENCE_TYPE = USER

AUDIENCE_KEY = <userid>

OWNER_TYPE = USER
OWNER_KEY = <userid>

PARAMETER = same as existing entry

Issue
I am unable to add the same GUID as the existing search also has the guid. So, I left the field blank.

When I log in, I am not able to see the newly created saved search using the new CRM business role.

Please advise.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I had to make an entry in the CRMD_SHORTCUT_T table in the field description for the Saved Search I wanted to make visible for a Business role. It then works.

Regards,

Sowmiya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts

We are currently trying to make Saved Searches visible to a Business Role. In table CRMD_SHORTCUT, this has been selected in the Audience Type and Audience Key fields. But I am not able to see the Saved Search. What should be entered for the Application? How is this different from the Audience Key?

Regards,

Sowmiya

xavier_dehairs2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi, I think you are mixing some concepts here. The table you need is, as you said, crmd_shortcut.

The Audience Key is simply the user ID and not the application area.

So if you need to copy a saved search that you created to other users, you can do that by adding some entries in table crmd_shortcut, assuring that you put the correct Business Role ID in field APPLICATION. then it should work -> what did you do already that you say is not working ?

Xavier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Xavier, we have been able to do this for saved searches and it works just fine. The issue now is when we want to update these saved searches that are tied to a business role. We get a message stating we are not authorized ("Unable to save search. Authorization missing"). We tried to change the Audience type and key to our ID but we still get the message. What is the best approach?

Regards,

Romi