cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wildcard Selection on query in BI7.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are currently on Stack 15 & Support Pack 17 of BI 7.0. We created reports with mandatory variables and whenever you enter the "*" in the variable screen it gives an error stating that "characteristic does not support pattern selection. Specify a value for variable." Reading previous threads on this site I discovered that this was not originally available in 7.0, however it was fixed in SPS13, so can someone explain why we are still getting this error?

Also we don't see the symbols in the variable selection screen like 3.x. IE = or > or < or contains pattern etc, I guess those were taken out as well?

Can someone give me an update on this, I am curious to find out what we are doing wrong. Thank you.

Edited by: SAP HR Support Group on Oct 9, 2008 5:05 PM

Edited by: SAP HR Support Group on Oct 29, 2008 3:35 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member188325
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Use the Variable in Characteristic restrictions area instead of Default Values area of the Query designer.

bryan_koetting2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

If you did apply a fix for this either in a Note or a Support Package, I would think you would need to regenerate the queries in order to have the fix take effect. You can do mass regenerations of queries in RSRT under Environment -> Generate Queries Directly.

Bryan

former_member589205
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

i'm also facing the same issue but I'm in SPS13. May I know where did you get the information that says it is fixed in SPS13? I looked in this forum but could not find any reference.

thanks

wira

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi !

Did you find solution for this one ? I think that there was OSS note that, this problem is fiex in 16 # ..

Well im facing same problem with my customer now in

SAP_BW 700 0020 SAPKW70020 SAP NetWeaver BI 7.0

Do you have same ? Does anyone know if there is a fix for this ?

br, aki