Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ALV OO TREE in a function module

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everybody,

Probably somebody can help me with this. I am trying to create an ALV OO TREE and I am following one of the examples that is in the system (BCALV_TREE_SIMPLE_DEMO) because it is more or less what I need. The problem I have is that I need to create a function module that contains this ALV_TREE so the import of this FM would be the table with the info, and as I saw I need to use PBO and PAI to create it with objects because if not it doesn't work, it doesn't show anything. I just create a report to test it, but now I need to create the FM, does anybody knows how to do it without this PBO and PAI or just with it but using the function module to create the ALV view?

Thanks very much

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member188685
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

there is not much difference here, if you take function module also. create the screen in the function group, and add the code in the PBO and PAI modules in respective includes. Have a function module inside the function create the nodes etc..., and call the screen to show the ALV tree.

2 REPLIES 2

former_member188685
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

there is not much difference here, if you take function module also. create the screen in the function group, and add the code in the PBO and PAI modules in respective includes. Have a function module inside the function create the nodes etc..., and call the screen to show the ALV tree.

MarcinPciak
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Check this link:

look for article Creating an ALV Grid in 3 lines. Maybe it will help you.

Regards,

Marcin