Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portfolio (Bubble) Chart Capability

jonh_goldberg
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Greetings,

I am trying to create a bubble chart using WAD 3.5, the Portfolio chart type seems to be the most appropriate, but I can not figure out how to get the chart to show the metrics per my specification.

X-Axis - Change in Days

Y-Axis - Change in Value

Z-Axis (Size) - Total Value

Bubble Color - Region

Individual Bubble - Opportunity

The results should be a bubble chart with 4 different series, each series containing a datapoint representing an opportunity.

The bubbles are sized based on the total value of the opportunity and are positioned in the chart based on the shift in days (x axis) and value (y axis) from a previous time period.

The data is not a problem, I have a query with all the relevant characteristics and key figures. The issue is getting the chart to properly chart these items. The closest I can get is with:

Row Fields: Region

Column Fields: Opportunity, Key Figure Structure

When I do this, I do get one 'series' for each region, but all the bubbles for each series get placed at the X-Axis value for the first opportunity. Other attempts have resulted in creation of a series for each opportunity.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

YES ,than's right,this problem is what I confronted.Also ,I found that chart in wad.But could not find the right way to resolve ,Appreciate your answer.

jonh_goldberg
Active Participant
0 Kudos

The frustrating part of this - is that the "Chart Wizard" view in Web App Designer shows exactly this scenario when previewing the Portfolio chart design - a few color-coded series, each containing multiple datapoints, with varying bubble sizes places on the chart based on key figures on the X and Y axes. I can not figure out how to get any query to replicate this.