cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't insert Field Heading

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am a total newbie, so be gentle!

I am using Crystal Reports 9, and I am going through the Help Tutorial exercise to get aquainted with the software. Unfortunately, I can't figure out how to Insert a Field Heading.

I have created a text object, and inserted two database fields inside the text object. I selected the text object and was trying to insert a field heading, but the "Field Heading" option on the Insert menu is grayed out.

Anyone have suggestions on why I can't access this option?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member260594
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Amanda,

Field Headings will only be generated when the field is in the Details section and an object unto itself. As the field heading is created from the database field name and you can place multiple fields within a text object it would not know which field name to use the heading and therefore it is not an option. You would need to create your field header manually with another text object.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply. I do a lot of reporting in Access, so I totally understand what you're saying, and frankly the tutorial didn't make sense.

I guess I always take for granted that the instructions are going to be accurate 🐵