cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export to PDF??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello guys,

Quick question. When exporting a query from the portal to PDF (for printing purposes) my customer would like to add additional information to the PDF report.

Information such as:

SAP BW query name

Print date / time

Name user/processor (current user)

Refresh date of BI data

I managed to add "Print date / time" on the fly before exporting to .

Is it possible to also add the other elements???

Many thanks for any info

Regards

Willem van der Hut

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

unless you add those "information" fields to the query itself, I don't think you can do so

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I there anyway to export to PDF any informational text you may have typed in you web template. this text is not bound to any web item but it free text such as a Title: Sales for Current week are below the threshold. When export to PDF along with query data, it is not exported???

Please help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Parminder,

If you are having the Text as a Text Item, then in the PDF Export Command settings add the Text Item to the Data Binding list. It will be inserted to the PDF Print.

Please let me know if you need further assistance.

Thanks,

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, you can add those things. Hope ypu are on WAD 7.0.

1. SAP BW query name: Either have a Text web Item in your web template. Go to Properties and give the proper Data Binding (linking it ot the reqd. query) and selecting the command General Text and then selecting Genereal Text Element - Last Refreshed.

Then, while you are converting the report into PDF, include this Text Item in data binding.

Or, when you are converting the report to PDF, you can set there Headers n Footers and etc.. Here you can give a static name for the Query.

2. Print date / time: you could do it.

3. Name user/processor (current user): Similar to the 1st one, have a Text Web Item --> General Text. Select the General Text Element as Current User or Author or Changed by.. etc..

Then, while you are converting the report into PDF, include this Text Item in data binding.

4. Refresh date of BI data: Again, add a Text Item to the Web Template --> General Text. Select Last Refreshed as the Element.

You have do this by making adjustments in the Web Template you are using.

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your respons

best regards

Willem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm not sure but it might be possible to "modify" the web template that is used for PDF export in the web application designer (or you copy the standard template and modify it afterwards and assign it as new template in the customizing).

Regards

Frank