cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference Between Normal and External Context Mapping

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I wonder the Difference Between Normal and External Context Mapping.

I1ve already read the docs and articles but I didnt understand.

Thanks,

Jorge Luiz

Edited by: Jorge Castro on Oct 9, 2008 4:23 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Internal context mapping is the mapping within one component. For example beetween the Component Controller Context and the View Controller Context.

External context mapping however refers to the mapping between different components. In this case, context nodes would be added to a components interface.

Instead of external context mapping I prefer to use other mechanisms for exchanging data between components though, e.g. using the same instance of a backend class in several components. But it may well depend on the scenario you are looking at.

Regards, Silke

Former Member
0 Kudos

But Silke,

what is the purpose of the property "Input Element (Ext)" of the Context Node?

Thanks ,

Edited by: Jorge Castro on Oct 9, 2008 5:51 PM

alejandro_bindi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jorge,

With this type of Mapping (also called Reverse Mapping) you can map the context of an using component, to that of the used component.

You can find an example of this concept in WDA ALV: If you look at component SALV_WD_TABLE (which you declare as used when you intend to use ALV), you'll see that it has a node DATA declared as external. In your using component, you map your actual data node to this node.

This allows the ALV to leave the DATA node type open and so to be reused, adjusting it's structure depending on the using component's data.

Edited by: Alejandro Bindi on Oct 9, 2008 4:42 PM

Made a mistake! Have not used this in a while...Ext. mapping is the OTHER way...Using -map-> Used Fixed.