Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Cannot import from lowercase database in mySQL

Hi,

I am using BODI 11.7.3.2, with a mySQL 5.0 database as a source.

Most of my databases are in uppercase, and I have never had a problem with it, but today I wanted to import tables from a new database, called dgwh, lowercase, and it gave an error which included a reference to the database 'DGWH' (uppercase). Since our installation of mySQL is case-sensitive, this did not work.

Looking for a solution I stumbled upon the following:

I created the datastore for the new database today, but another datastore on the same database server linking to a different database was created using version 11.5, and upgraded to 11.7.3.2. Using this alternative datastore, I could import the table without any problems!

Which led me to exporting both datastores and doing a compare. And yes, there was a difference: the line

"case_sensitive" = 'yes',

was included in the datastore imported from 11.5, but not at all present in the newly created datastore.

I figure that line is the one causing my problem. However, I don't see an option in my datastore to set any parameter concerning case-sensitivity. Is that option available?

Cheers

Tako Molanus

Former Member
Former Member replied

as you mentioned earlier in 11.7.3.2 export of datastore you don't see "case_sensitive" = 'yes', is this option missing in 11.7.3.2 ATL export or its value is "case_sensitive" = 'no' ? if you create a Datastore of any other database type is this option missing in that case also ?

if its missing then your repository is corrupted, its missing some data

check the output of following query select object_name,option_name from AL_OPTIONS WHERE OPTION_NAME LIKE 'case%'; in your repo

what is the database type of your repository ?

how did you create the 11.7 repo ? upgrade using repository manager from 11.5 or create a new repo in 11.7 and import the 11.5 ATL

try creating a new repository in 11.7.3.2 and define a new datastore in that and check if it works properly

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question