cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation of Crystal Report 2008 hangs on Registering Modules

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

I'm trying to install Crystal Report 2008 on XP Pro SP2. The installation stop on Registering Modules, even if I click Cancel, it does not do anything it just hang there. I have to kill the process in Task Manager. If I restarted the installation, it says that I have already an installtion process running. So I have to reboot and then restart the installation, now it says that it will continue a previous uncompleted installation. But it hangs again at Registering Modules. It does not even stop at the same file. I have done this process several time with always the same result. Each time it stops on a different file but always during the Registering Modules process.

Is there someone who can help me?

Thank you.

David.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

While trying to install crystal report 2008 in xp-sp2 os. which is already installed with SAP 8.81.

it is displaying the following error.

" Error 1719: the windows installer service could not be accessed. this can occur if the windows installer is not correctly installed." and also displays a Fatal error.

I have checked with the service it is fine.

Kindly assist me in this regards.

Thanks in advance.

Khader

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello David,

I recommend to post this query to the [Crystal Reports Design|; forum.

This forum is dedicated to topics related to the creation and design of Crystal Report documents. This includes topics such as database connectivity, parameters and parameter prompting, report formulas, record selection formulas, charting, sorting, grouping, totaling, printing, and exporting but also installation and registering.

It is monitored by qualified technicians and you will get a faster response there.

Also, all Crystal Reports Design queries remain in one place and thus can be easily searched in one place.

Best regards,

Falk