cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XI and BAPI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

What is the difference between XI and BAPI, as I know one is middleware and other is interface, because using Business connector we can send the BAPI call as an XML to internet and viceversa can be done. Then why we are using XI for SAP to Internet (like EP) or viceversa. Please clarify in this regard.

and Is SAP System mandatory for XI? (for connecting two nonsap systems)

Regards,

V Kumar

Edited by: V Kumar on Oct 9, 2008 3:59 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

What is the difference between XI and BAPI, as I know one is middleware and other is interface, because using Business connector we can send the BAPI call as an XML to internet and viceversa can be done. Then why we are using XI for SAP to Internet (like EP) or viceversa. .

You have to take into account that XI/PI is the current version of Business Conector (more or less).

XI is the broker, the EAI. BAPI is one of the way to send/receive data to other systems. You can use

BAPIs inside XI.

What is a XI system? It is a SAP system With a Netweaver platform. Moreover an Adapter Engine and a Business Process Engine.

Whatever you want to connect you will need a system with these features, although the systems which are connected are

non-SAP systems.

Carlos

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

dharamveer_gaur2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Use RFC for Syncronous communication, when u want some response back.

for example if u want Employee detail from R/3 system, you will send employee id. RFC take this as a input and send back detail Employee information.

Look these scenario to use of RFC

Former Member
0 Kudos

i'm trying to use this example(/people/arpit.seth/blog/2005/06/27/rfc-scenario-using-bpm--starter-kit,

/people/sap.user72/blog/2004/11/23/unification-connector-framework-relation-resolving-drag-relate-object-based-navigation-and-other-strange-words-150-the-real-story) for my scnenario is XML to RFC TO XML, and my XML structure is next:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?>

<Body>

<date>00:00:00</date>

<P_KOKRS>CSTK</P_KOKRS>

<P_PSWSL>ARS</P_PSWSL>

<P_CLASS>0004010021</P_CLASS>

<P_PERIOD>9</P_PERIOD>

<P_GJAHR>2008</P_GJAHR>

<SEGMENTO>AR</SEGMENTO>

<MES>9</MES>

<ANO>2008</ANO>

<T_ACT>

<KSTAR>ADB1</KSTAR>

<DATA>30092009</DATA>

<BLTXT>ADB1,9/2008</BLTXT>

<ATIVI>PRJ</ATIVI>

<AUFNR>PEAC-5730301</AUFNR>

<HRS>32.0</HRS>

<TEXTO>Horas em PEAC</TEXTO>

<FLAG/>

<VAL/>

</T_ACT>

<T_ACT>

<KSTAR>ADBJ</KSTAR>

<DATA>30092009</DATA>

<BLTXT>ADBJ,9/2008</BLTXT>

<ATIVI>PRJ</ATIVI>

<AUFNR>PEAC-5730301</AUFNR>

<HRS>32.0</HRS>

<TEXTO>Horas em PEAC</TEXTO>

<FLAG/>

<VAL/>

</T_ACT>

</Body>

The RFC structure is receiving this fields as mandatories

<P_KOKRS>CSTK</P_KOKRS>

<P_PSWSL>ARS</P_PSWSL>

<P_CLASS>0004010021</P_CLASS>

<P_PERIOD>9</P_PERIOD>

<P_GJAHR>2008</P_GJAHR>

<SEGMENTO>AR</SEGMENTO>

<MES>9</MES>

<ANO>2008</ANO>

and then the RFC send the reponse wiht this messge structure.

<MESSAGE></KMESSAGE>

<RETORNO></RETORNO>

<HORA></HORA>

<DATA></DATA>

so i want t know if is posible use this example for my scenairo,becuse the bmp is receiving many messages

Edited by: jaime eduardo alvarez reyes on Dec 5, 2009 1:05 AM

dharamveer_gaur2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

1 BAPI is used when we need to Exchange Data only from the R/3 system.

2 XI is Middleware that provide open format(XML) to communicate with any Application Based on Tecnology like Java, .Net. It works like Hub that provide end to end integration b/w Application or cross component

3 XI Can be used b/w 2 non-SAP Application,no need to install R/3.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

What is the difference between XI and BAPI, as I know one is middleware and other is interface, because using Business connector we can send the BAPI call as an XML to internet and viceversa can be done. Then why we are using XI for SAP to Internet (like EP) or viceversa. Please clarify in this regard.

XI replaces Business connector and do the same job BC use to do. Using XI also you can send BAPI data as XML to internet and vice versa. In XI terms this is called (RFC -> HTTP) scenario. XI is also a system of SAP. XI sit at process integration layer. ALL sap and non sap systems can be integration using SAP XI.

SAP system in the sense R/3, SCM, ERP etc are not required. SAP XI have ABAP and Java stacks and can be installed independently without any other SAP systems in landscape but Basis is still required.

Thanks

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Carlos,

Thank You and can you please explain me in detail for my first question.

Regards,

V Kumar

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

>why we are using XI for SAP to Internet

SAP XI / PI is a Middleware tool, Where Transformation,Montoring, Error Handling, Alert etc can be handled

Cheers

Agasthuri Doss

Former Member
0 Kudos

@ Agasthuri Doss & Gaurav

May I know the scenario for which we will go for XI and BAPI. Say for ex, if I need to transfer the data

from Internet to SAP, then which is the best way?

and When we will go for BAPI Interface.

Regards,

V Kumar