cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error message when deleting Business transaction: Activity in CRM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am trying to delete a couple of Activities from CRM (Production system) and encounter two error message: "Enter a Business Partner" and "Administration header not found."

I have tried three ways to delete/archive the activity numbers in the system:

1) Using T code: CRMD_ORDER and then while in change mode - trying to delete the activities. When I tried this I get a warning message: "Enter a Business Partner" after I hit enter the warning: "Administration header not found." comes up and then takes you to the Easy access Menu after hitting enter.

2) I used T code SE38 to open program: "CRM_Order_Delete", here I entered the activity #s that I want to delete, the Activity Transaction type, select check box "Parallel" and then execute. I see a job log which says "Number of archived records = 3", the log shows that no records were deleted.

3) I have also tried archiving using T code SARA. But this also didn't seem to work. Here, I entered the Archiving object: CRM ACTON, then click on Preprocessing. I created a variant with the transaction type and activity numbers then set the start time to immediate and executed (F8) it. Even then I was not able to archive these activities. I did set the activities to status Complete.

Am I missing something? Appreciate your help.

Regards,

Ramesh

Edited by: Ramesh Nallabelli on Oct 9, 2008 9:55 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Received response from SAP support partner:

**************************************************************************************************

Please verify first if the issue is caused by badi implementation

of ORDER_SAVE badi. Please check method prepare and check_before_save.

Maybe inside your implementation the function crm_order_read is called

but that is not possible in case of deleting a document as document is

not available anymore.

If that doesn't work try this one:

Please check to see if you have a badi ORDER_SAVE method

CHANGE_BEFORE_UPDATE. Please deactiviate the ORDER_SAVE Badi and retestthe deletion.

**************************************************************************************************

This is how we resovled our issue - hope this helps someone else:

Check using T Code: SE80 to look for a BADI implementation which used BADI: ORDER_SAVE:

SE80-> Package: Z* (look for custom packages) -> Look under enhancements for any BADI Implementations which have used ORDER_SAVE (double click implementation and in the right pane look under Definition name).

Click 'Change' and deactivate this implementaiton. Now try to delete the CRM transaction. The error msg should not pop up now. Once deletion is completed reactivate this implementation.

This is just a work around. The problem lies in the code and the code within the implementation should be debugged and fixed so that this error message does not come up again.