cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in creating TO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I triedd creating a TO and got the error "data for storage type search is not defined (A )"

Wat do i do, i have done the necessary setting, pls explain your suggestions in details.

Maureen

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok, tnx.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi As per my understanding The storage type in which you want to place the material or pick the material from has not been defined in the storage type search sequence.

Use T code OMLY to update this entry with the storage type required.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First of all - Are you creating a TO for Putaway or Picking.

If it is a removal TO:

For the WM system to create a TO, first based on the material the system will look for which storage type it should look into for that material and then determines Storage Bin with in that storage type based on the stock available with in that bin. For this you need to maintain storage type search strategy for stock removal with in the config. (SPRO)

Logistics Execution->Warehouse Management->Strategies->Activate Storage Type Search

You need to do the same for Putaway too. And then you need to maintain Picking and Putaway strategies.

Logistics Execution->Warehouse Management->Strategies->Putaway Strategies

Logistics Execution->Warehouse Management->Strategies->Stock Removal Strategies.

And for TO to be generated you should have sufficient stocks with in the storage bins other wise TO will fail to create.

Thanks

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You should define the suitable storage type search for you stock removal. Give the proper parameters in SPRO > LE > WM > Activities > Activate Storage Type Search.

Or do it manually: 1. check stock situation in LX02 2. Give the bin manually when you get the error message.

Of course, in the long run, proper config would be better...

Regards,

Csaba

Edited by: Csaba Szommer on Oct 9, 2008 4:24 PM