cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reponse or not reponse

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

anyone an idea why the most poster does not give response, if a solution works or not. It annoys me a little bit. Normally I'd like to know if my advice works.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

marilyn_pratt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

To be fair, newbies are often not entirely aware that they can subscribe to receiving email notifications when there is an answer to their query. I took a look at one of your responses and noticed that the person who posed the question was a total newbie (his post being his very first post).

I've written a note directly that looks something like this:

"Was wondering if you saw the responses to your query. Good etiquette would be to let the folks trying to help you know if they have. Of course you may not know that you can subscribe to getting an email notification when there is a response. Just check "your control panel" on the right of the forum page and turn on the attributes for notification.

Thanks."

Moderators can and often do help nudge people toward more acceptable behavior. Sometimes there is that rudeness element as Mr. B points out, but often it is just a case of "not knowing".

former_member184119
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> Hi there,

>

> anyone an idea why the most poster does not give response, if a solution works or not. It annoys me a little bit. Normally I'd like to know if my advice works.

Hummm....Stefen.,,the way u answer is good and in your answer it never shows expecting the replies....its all happening the same...

Regards

Sas

Ps: ASK them whether u r reply solved their probelm or not.... one more thing is the rush making although so many people keen to say thanks...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ps: ASK them whether u r reply solved their probelm or not.... one more thing is the rush making although so many people keen to say thanks...

yeah, a "Thanks" would be nicer but to say if the advise works or not, would help me too. I am also a sap newbie. So if i know, that the advises are correct, it will help me.

Hi, my output is not correct, please advise, very u r g e n t....

followed by tons of code....of course not being bracketed by the appropriate markup...

What do you expect?

nothing, but i will not reply on this questions 😛

Former Member
0 Kudos

Perhaps evenly annoying: the fact people tend not to read properly or lack the understanding of the english language to understand a question in order to give a proper reply. Yet that doesn't stop them to answer a question with all sorts of examples.

former_member184119
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Stefen are u atleast get rewarded if u r reply is correct ?

Regards

Sas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sometimes i get rewarded. Thats nice, but a response would be nicer.

rainer_hbenthal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

But... thats the way i'm doing, an 10 always means for me that this solved the problem WITHOUT pushing a closed thread up to the first position. With an answer, this would happen.

A lack in the forum software. Answered threads should not be pushed upwards any more even when answers will occur.

marilyn_pratt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

And yet, sometimes we inadvertently overlook folks or simply ignore them. For example, my response here wasn't responded to directly. I can "take" that to mean that my advice wasn't useful or that the people conversing were focused on other things. I could get annoyed at not being part of the conversation or I can choose to actively engage with people that dialogue. In that way we do a natural selection of who we interact with.

Maybe the take away is accepting that not everyone corresponds in exactly the same way or finds the same contents useful.

Find the people you learn from and acknowledge them and appreciate those who acknowledge learning from you.

rainer_hbenthal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi, my output is not correct, please advise, very u r g e n t....

followed by tons of code....of course not being bracketed by the appropriate markup...

What do you expect?

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Probably because the word "courtesy" doesn't exist in their language.