cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BW Hierarchy data not showing in Crystal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am trying to create a Crystal Report from an existing 3.5/7.0 BW query with a hierarchy. I have followed a BO white paper and the blog from Ingo on how to do this but my data does not appear.

Before I even build the report in Crystal I context menu on any of my hierarchy db fields under Field Explorer to Browse Data but it is empty. If I do the same for my Key Figure I do see the data.

Looks to me like a setting on BW that I am missing??

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

- which driver did you use in Crystal Reports / MDX or BW query ?

- Did you import the ABAP Transports to the SAP BI System ?

thanks

Ingo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ingo

It was a BW query driver, and yes the ABAP transports have been loaded.

The system is fully integrated with Business Objects.

On the Crystal side, if I just have a normal BW query without a hierarchy all the data does appear.

Thanks

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I assume you use XIr3 / Crystal Reports 2008.

Do you see the characteristic in Crystal Reports ?

What is the resultset when you use the Node ID and Parent Node ID for the characteristic on the report ?

thanks

ingo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, it is Crystal 2008, and all the characteristics are showing.

When I create my group the node ID and parent node ID the report is blank. If I combine this with my Key Figure of Number Of Records the numbers show but the hierarchy is blank.

The hierarchy in question is 0orgunit, but I have tried other hierarchy's as well and the result is the same. I have also crated the InfoObject on its own or under a cube, but it makes no difference.

Thanks for your assistance.

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

are you using the BW MDX Driver ? and the ABAP Transports have been imported to the SAP BI System ?

This sounds strange because even in case there is no hierarchy activated the node ID should return values

Ingo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ingo

I am using the BW driver & all the ABAP Transports have been loaded.

I have tried several other InfoObject with hierarchies but no data is appearing.

Would a screen shot of my data help you at all?

De Villiers

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Ingo

I have just tried the same BEx query but with the MDX driver and the hierarchy is now visable.

So looks like there must be something wrong on the BW drivers.

Thanks for all your help!

De Villiers