Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Order of data in DTP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

Can you clear up my confusion please.

I am transferring data from one DSO to another DSO in an attempt to perform a merge. The records in DSO1 have been modelled incorrectly so one logocal record can appear as 2 physical records. These get merged when going into DSO2.

However I need to control the order of the data so that the data can be overwritten correctly. I was intending to use Semantic Group functionality to achieve this. When I press the Semantic Group button the list of fields is displayed but I cannot tick any of them. Is there an OSS note for this or am I not using this option correctly.

Instead I have found that changing the 'Extraction from' setting also changes the order. The default was Active Table (without Archive) and this yielded the wrong results. Setting it to the Change Log appears to give the correct results (need more testing).

Can someone explain how to use these settings and what impact they have please ?

Regards

Fuey

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It depends on when the record was changed. for example if you have a timestamp as a key field in the DSO1, then you need not worry about the order.

as long as u do not have a unique record to differentiate, it will be difficult to achieve what u need especially when u have similar records.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj

For each group of 2 logically same records one of them will have a blank in one of the key fields. The other will be fully filled in. I would like the blank one to be processed first as it would have arrived first into DSO1..

Using the Change Log as the Extraction source appears to produce the correct order. Is this a coincident or will this be consisttent in the future. Does the Change Log ensure that data is sent out in the same order that it arrived etc ??

Regards

Fuey

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes the change log ensures that data is written in the order it was received.