cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FMMC

Former Member
0 Kudos

I closed a PO using FMMC transaction on 9/17/08. Final invoice and final delivery indicators were marked as result of transaction. However, on 9/26, SAP still allowed another GR to be entered against this PO. Why should be allowed to happen?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member184992
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I afraid to confirm that the behaviour you are experiencing are SAP standard behaviour.

a) 'Delivery complete' indicator

The 'delivery complete' indicator specifies whether a purchase order item is considered closed. This means that no more goods receipts are expected for this item. If the delivery complete indicator is set,

the open purchase order quantity becomes zero, even if the full quantity has not been delivered. It is still possible to post goods receipts of remaining quantities, but these no longer change the open purchase order quantity. Please take a look for details at the note:

16239 Complete delivery indicator is not checked

Even if in the note only MB01 is mentioned it is also valid for MIGO.

So it is possible to post a goods receipt for an item although the complete delivery indicator is set - this depends on the tolerance levels in the purchase order. If the user manually sets this indicator a goods receipt is still possible at a later date.

I am afraid this is the standard system behavior and not an error.

And described by note 16239, the check for this indicator in GR is not planned. To prevent further GR, you may change the PO quantity as advice from our developer.

b) 'Final Invoice' indicator

Please kindly review note 377304.

377304 Significance of the final invoice indicator

Please kindly refer to the Help doc for indicator 'Final Invoice' (by pressing 'F1' key):

Final invoice indicator

Indicates that the last invoice from a vendor has been received for an item and/or that no further invoice is EXPECTED.

Use

The final invoice indicator serves as information for the applications

However, the final invoice indicator does NOT prevent further invoices from being posted. Furthermore, it does not replace GR/IR account maintenance in the event of a variance between GR quantity and invoice

quantity.

Conclusion: As for the 'delivery completed' indicator, it should work similar to 'final invoice' indicator. That means the indicator checked means no further GR or invoice are expected but still allowed. The

indicator does not prevent further GR or invoice from being posted.

SAP has the function to prevent duplicated invoice from being posted.

Besides, if you use 'GR-based' invoice, further invoice is not permitted

if invoiced amount equals to the GR amount.

I am sorry that I could not provide you with a more positive answer this time but nevertheless can provide an accurate information.

I hope it helps you

Best Regards,

Vanessa Barth.