cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Product ID in Local PO (ECS)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gusy!

Our scenario is ECS and we're using material numbers in the catalog. These materials are not replicated to SRM.

In the call structure for the catalog we maintained "Do not check product". This works fine as long we maintain the material number in the catalog with leading zeros in the catalog.

Material numbers in the SC are displayed with leading zeros, no matter what output and storage format for product IDs I have configured in customizing . After saving the SC the local PO is created but the product ID field is empty when output and storage format is set to "display leading zeros" .But in the Backend PO item is created with the correct material number.

When output and storage format for product IDs the checkbox "display leading zeros" is not marked, the product IDs are displayed in the local PO (7 digits) but I get the error message "product does not exist in plant XXXX or has been flagged for deletion"

My questions are:

Is the product ID field in SRM PO not long enough to display 18 digits, or is it a bug?

Do I have to set the output and storage format of product IDs to "display with leading zeros" when products are not replicated?

Do I have to maintain Product ID in the catalog with leading zeros?

Rgds.

Dieter

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Lexicographical staorage of product ID solved the problem

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dieter,

SRM requires all master data if you want to procure in SRM.So you must maintain a materials in SRM.

Also check your define backeend system for SRM logical system a LOCAL - check this flag too.

And make ensure that plant are correctly mapped with r/3 system.

BR

Muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Muthuraman,

yo're not right, I can use Materials that are not replicated to SRM. As I wrote I can create SRM POs that create Backend POs with the correct material number.

My problem is

- that Product ID in SRM PO is not displayed when output format in Customizing is set to "display with leading zeros" but Backend PO is created correct with corresponding material numbers.

- Product ID in SRM PO is displayed when output format in Customizing the checkbox "display with leading zeros" is not marked. In this case I get error message that material cannot be validated in Backend.

Rgds.

Dieter

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Dieter

Yes. I did not notice this. Thank you very much for this info.

Specifies that Product is not Checked

You should set this indicator if you want to prevent a check of the EBP System product master from occurring after items are transferred from the catalog.

If, for example, you replicate products (goods and services) directly from a backend system to the catalog, and do not want to replicate to EBP because your users always select products from the catalog, you can set this indicator to stipulate that these products are transferred to the EBP System (for example, the shopping cart) without checks.

The shopping cart item contains the product number, but the product is not checked. After the shopping cart is released, the follow-on document (purchase requisition, purchase order, or reservation) is created in the backend, that contains this product. Checks are made in the backend system to determine whether the product exists.product does not exist in plant XXXX or has been flagged for deletion -When are you geting this error message? during SC. Then it validates with backend right?.

I will check it out OCI inbound parameters for the material and get back to you.

Hope that this material is existed in the backend system.

Define Output Format and Storage Form of Product IDs - this setting is required for r/3 to srm material transfer. I believe you need not bother about this settings since you transfered the data from r/3 to catalog.

regards

Muthu

Edited by: Muthuraman Govindasamy on Oct 13, 2008 2:08 PM

Edited by: Muthuraman Govindasamy on Oct 13, 2008 2:10 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Muthu,

thanks for your reply. Remember we're in ECS and we create PO first in SRM. PO Works fine even when Product ID is not displayed (internally stored with 18 digits in CRM_ORDERADM_I-ORDERED_PROD). Backend PO is created with correct material. When changing setting to do not display leading zeros the product ID is displayed in the PO (7 digits) but error message "product does not exist in plant XXXX or has been flagged for deletion " occurs. In this case internally product ID is saved with 40 digits in CR;M_ORDERADM_I-ORDERED_PROD.

Rgds.

Dieter

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dieter,

What is the entry in this table COMC_PR_FORMAT - Length

check both r/3 as well as EBP .

Hope both are same and synchronised.

NOTE:- PO CANT BE CREATED WITHOUT MASTER DATA IN SRM but you can create a PO in backend.

I am wondering how your Po was created in SRM. Please share your views.

BR

Muthu

Edited by: Muthuraman Govindasamy on Oct 13, 2008 3:14 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Muthu,

length in SRM and Backend is 18.

I can create SRM PO with Product ID even when materials are not replicated from the Backend. I see the Product ID in Field CRMD_ORDERADM_I-ORDERED_PROD.

Two Cases:

-Product ID is not visible in SRM PO but Backend PO is created with correct material numbers

-> Product ID is stored with 18 digits in Field CRMD_ORDERADM_I-ORDERED_PROD when customizing setting is "Display leading zeros"

- Product ID is visible (7 CHAR without leading zeros) in SRM PO.This SRM PO can only be holded. Error Message "Product does not exist in plant XXXX or has been flagged for deletion"

->Product ID is stored with 40 digits in Field CRMD_ORDERADM_I-ORDERED_PROD when customizing setting is "do not display leading zeros".

Rgds.

Dieter

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Please clarify your question.

Hope that you can create a backend PO (i.e nothing but SRM generates PO in the back end.- Classic) but your question in the subject ECS. It raising my eye brows.

"Product does not exist in plant XXXX or has been flagged for deletion"- This message are you geting in sap srm web while create sc right?

I dont think there is no relation define product length on SRM .This configuration is only prerequiste if you replicate your product master from backend.

Please clarify how the catalog material - like source is it from file or r/3 back end.

As I already told you , you cant create a SRM PO in SRM without material master.

BR

Muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Muthu,

no I'm getting this message "Product does not exist in plant XXXX or has been flagged for deletion" during processing SRM PO and not when creating SC.

The catalog Items are created manually according to the Master data in the Backend (Same descripton, Same UOM, Material number (with leading zeros 18 CHAR in OCI field NEW_ITEM-MATNR)

And once again, I can create a PO in SRM without replicated materials. My only problem is that Product ID is not displayed in web transaction but I can see the Product ID in the SRM table CRMD_ORDERADM_I-ORDERED_PROD. Corresponding Backend PO is created with correct Material numbers.

Rgds.

Dieter

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Dieter,

You can not create a successful PO in ECS without having product master in SRM in extended classic scenario.

Product does not exist in plant XXXX or has been flagged for deletion - Since it is trying to check the materials in backend also.

BR

Muthu

Edited by: Muthuraman Govindasamy on Oct 14, 2008 9:42 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Muthu,

material is there in Backend and I created a PO in Backend with correct Material numbers. Only Problem is Product ID is not displayed in SRM PO but it is there in SRM table

Rgds.

Dieter

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Dieter,

Since you create PO in backend , how the PO will be available in EBP?. ( It is treated like classic scenario)

BR

Muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Muthu,

no standard ECS process. SC creates local PO in SRM. When local PO is complete and approved Backend PO is generated.

Rgds.

Dieter

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Dieter,

Really. As far I know, to create a PO in SRM , the product master must be available in SRM.

Please send your results to my business id on PO documnets .

I can check it up from side. I believe it is not possible to create a PO in SRM without master data in your case.

Guys any idea...Please share your experience with Dieter.

BR

Muthu