cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Determine Production Issue Storage Location

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SAP Guru's

I have a problem with storage location determination I wonder if anyone can help.

If I create a planned order the storage location for the component (0011) is determined correctly from the material master MRP2 screen "Prod. Stor. Location but when it is converted to a production order or if the production order is created without reference to a planned order it defaults in a different storage location (0010)

I have tried adding the storage location into the BOM component item; Adding it into the production version; adding a determination strategy to an MRP group and adding to the material master but it is still picking up storage location 0010 instead of 0011.

The component is a purchased material.

I have asked an ABAP developer to check to ensure that there is not a user exit defaulting the storage location but she could not find anything.

I am obviously missing something so would be grateful for any help received.

Kind regards

Sue

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

what ever you are doing is correct.

There may some thing missing in your e=settings.

Pl. explain your acenario.

I will help you.

Regards

YMREDDY

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you YMREDDY

We are converting a planned order to a production order and we want the storage location in the material master or BOM to be passed through to the component in the production order

Please let me know what else you need to know

Kind regards

Sue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check in the work Center, is there any supply source is maintained there .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

supply area & all will be considered when WEM is in active..

Other wise BOM settings will over ride the material master settings.

If no setting is maintained , material master settings will be considered.

Regards

YMREDDY

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

There might be couple of things going on here.

In the work center (resource) check what is the Supply Area mentioned. Then check the settings for that supply area (t-code: OM10) to see what storage location it corresponds to.

Another issue might be that the material might not be actually extended to the Issue storage location that you maintained in material master.

Try and revert back.

Regards,

Swapnil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

Much appreciated, it was the storage location in the supply area. I knew that i as missing something but I could see what it was.

Is there anyway that I can have this storage location as the standard and then over-ride it for a particular material?

Kind regards

Sue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for all you help everyone. I have now worked out that if I change the default setting in OM10 this will only over write components where the material master has been created for this storage location otherwise it will use the default from the material master or BOM.

This should cover what I am looking for.

I appreciate the help given.

kind regards

Sue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

As the standard logic, production order issue storage location is from the bom ,and then from the issue storage location of material master if the storage location is blank in the bill of material.

george shi

Former Member
0 Kudos

I dont see the OM10 transactioN in ECC6.0.

Am I missing something?