cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPC Excel client compatibility with BEX Analyzer (BI 7.0)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Since we've installed the BPC Excel client, when we use BEX Analyzer it works fine until we close Excel, in that moment an error appears in a dialog box trying to send a message to Microsoft and debug information is completely puzzling.

I haven't found any notes about it. Anybody has suffered this issue?

We are using Excel 2003, BEX Analyzer SP600 or superior.

Thanks a lot!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alfred,

I experienced an comparable issue. I could not use the Analyser with MS Excel 2003, but all went well with MS Excel 2000. I do not know which version of Analyser was used, but I suggest to try and use use Analyser with Excel 2000.

Good luck and keep me posted.

Kind regards,

Danny

Former Member
0 Kudos

I wonder has anyone solved this?

We also experience the same problem running the following components:

- BEx Analyzer on BI710 SP 7 Patch 1 Revision 1352

- Excel 2003 SP3

- SAPGUI 710

- BPC NW 7.5 SP3

Jeffrey_Holdema
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can greatly improve your chance of receiving a helpful answer to your question if you state the version (MS or NW) and the release (5.1, 7.0, 7.5) of BPC which you are using.

Also notice the sticky [note|; at the top of this forum whereby we announced new dedicated forums for BPC which are the proper place to post your questions regarding BPC in the future.

Thanks and best regards,

[Jeffrey Holdeman|http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/profile/Jeffrey+Holdeman]

SAP BusinessObjects

Enterprise Performance Management

Regional Implementation Group

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alf,

Did you ever get an answer on this one ?

All our BW development team are getting this same error, and we all have BPC installed, but.... we have a handful of users saying they also get it, and they do not have BPC installed. My gut feel is its one of the many regular MS patches that are being applied.

Pete