cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SUBCONTRACTING PO WITHOUT COMPONENT( BOM)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I want to create a subcontracting PO without assigning any component .

Please help me with the config settings .

chris

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member529134
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

But why you want a subcontracting PO without any components?

If components are not there , then what are u expecting your vendor to do?

I dont think its making any sense.

In subcontract order processing, the vendor receives materials (components) with which it produces the end product. The following are involved:

You order the end product using a subcontract order. The components that the vendor needs to manufacture the end product are specified in the purchase order.

In Inventory Management, the components are posted to the stock of material provided to vendor. The components are then supplied to the vendor.

The vendor performs its service and delivers the ordered material (the end product). The consumption of the components is posted.

If, after the goods receipt has been posted, the vendor informs you that a larger or smaller quantity of the components was actually consumed than planned in the purchase order, you must make an adjustment.

The vendor charges for his or her service. The invoice is posted in Invoice Verification.

So Chris now say what are u expecting from a subcontracting PO without ant components?

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Greg

Here iam sending one component ( a mould) out side to perform 5 to 45 different jobs on the same component.

System asks me to assign componenet for every jobor operation to be performed ( with each line item referred from PR by prod order)

But here iam sending only one component. for first line item iam assigning the component but how about assigning componenets for other line items

I want to send the other lineitems( job/operation to be perfomed) without component

here iam giving you a typical PO Operation wise line item for one component going out.

10 F L HOLLOW MILLING 1 34.95 Finished Moulds

20 F L BOTTOM RELIEF 1 100 Finished Moulds

30 F L TAPPING & FACING 1 20.0 Finished Moulds

Help me out

chris

adwait_bachuwar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chris

if i am understanding your requirement crrectly this may be teh solution.

you are carrying out the operations on single component outside. this can be done by defining in routing. this is donw by PP guys which defines this and they send the material outside for the operations on it. for this they dont have to maintain any info records and material codes.

there is another thing if you are receiving the fianl material from the subcontractor then mention that in your PO. let him carry out the different operations and you will receive the material as suggested in previous reply.

let me know if you have any doubts.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

its nice thread. Can you please elaborate more on this.

thank you.

shreek

adwait_bachuwar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

in PP you can maintain a BOM with the same component sent outside and for this you have to maintain routing in which you will declare that this is done with operation outside. this is where you are sending the material outside your plant to the vendor. with the item category L. and rest is taken care of. for the details please see or search in PP forum. i am sure that you will find more details as per my previous thread.