cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Useful life in days not in periods

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does anybody knows if its possible or not to set Useful Life in "Years and days" instead of "Years and periods"?

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I agree with karthik and let us know what is your exact requirement so that we can think of the solution.

Regards,

Satish Muvva.

Former Member
0 Kudos

the problem is that they defined Useful Life as "7 years, 3 month and 10 days" legacy system (that was Excel), when transferring these asset ito SAP, we set Useful Life in Years and Periods, this means a difference in days in remaining useful life that is relevant because this companies only have one asset (a ship) with a large value, depreciation (that is in daily basis) is crucial for P&G and a few days could make the difference. That is he reason why I would like to have Useful Live in Years + Days. I have deeply reviewed customizing ant I think that is not possible. Any idea?

cheers

Rafa

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

whats your purpose to have it depreciated based on years and days? I agree with Eric that SAP only allows you depreciation based on years and months. But if you want to stop depreciation on an exact date you can do so by checking "dep. to the day" check box in AFAMA. Am not sure if this is your requirement. Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Edited by: Rafael BV on Oct 9, 2008 6:24 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

I agree my friend. Thanks very much

Does any body knows another option?

cheers

Rafa

JozsefSzikszai
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't think it is possible. If you check table ANLB, you'll see the fields NDJAR (Useful life in years) and NDPER (... in periods). Thre is no field for days, which also indicate that it is not possible. On the other hand the whole asset value calculation is based on periods (not on days).