Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

regarding background scheduling

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Hi iam having two standard programs so now i want to run those in background with " IMMIDIATE " mode and i want to download that two reports data in to two fileesk top

is there any possibility and give me the steps also

Thanks & Regards

Mohan Reddy

3 REPLIES 3

former_member585060
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

1) To Schedule the 2 programs in background

you can do it in SM36 which can be used to schedule the program in background, it has options in that to schedule the program to execute( Immediately, on any specific day).

2) in you programs use GUI_DOWNLOAD function module and default the FILEPATH , after executing your programs you will get your data on desktop.

Regards

Bala Krishna

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

First of all, GUI_DOWNLOAD doesn't work in the background. Second, there is no option to get the output from a standard program into a file, unless the program has been written to do that.

You'll need to write a custom report, which will start both programs, capture their output and store it in a file on the server using OPEN DATASET command, not GUI_DOWNLOAD. Additionally, some programs might provide output in such a way that this won't even be feasible.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thanks for all

iam getting the solution

Mohan