cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

twice logon to portal.

Former Member

hi Experts,

Some users of our portal are facing some strange issue.

They need to twice logon to the Portal ie first time when i login on the first page it again loads the same logon page and i need to logon again. hen i login for the second time it is sucessfull. Only some users of the portal face this issue.

Points would be rewarded to helpful answers.

Regards,

Sanjyoti.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MG3
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Some browsers (ex. firefox) retain authenticated sessions, and this causes some problems while logging in. You can either clear all the authenticated sessions, cookies, cache, temp files from the browser and try. Else, you could use IE6 to test it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all,

I will check all the possible solutions.

And reply soon.

Regards,

Sanjyoti.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you find a permanent resolution to this issue?

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Which datasource are you using? Also check what is displayed in the security policy under general information in user administration.

Thanks & Regards

Santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check whether the login module group configured for the portal is default or custom in Configtool.

Open the authschemes.xml file and check whether the module is referencing to the default login component.

In case of a configuration change restart all the instances and check the default trace if problem persists.

Regards,

Santhosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sanjyoti,

are they using fully qualified domain name to access the portal.

delete cache,temporary files from the machine.ask them to login into some other machines with their username,password so that we will come to know it is a problem with username or machine.

if nothing works restart portal and check

Thanks

Bala Duvvuri

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for your reply.

Tried all but no results, restarting the portal works but same problem appears again after some interval of time .

What is the exact cause for this pb ???and why only with some set of users.

Regards,

Sanjyoti.