cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrating from Crystal Reports 9 to Crystal Reports XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a java web project that uses Crystal Reports 9 to generate reports. I need to make my project compatible with Crystal Reports XI.

I researched and found that Crystal reports XI does not use a report Application server however it can use tomcat, the server I am using for my project.

I tried changing in the code as I found in the Crystal Reports XI for J2EE startup Guide from the business object website.

However, I am getting the error: "Unable to connect to the server - Connection refused: connect-- Error code:-2147217387 Error code name:connectServer"

Also, I want to know how to configure my database to be used in Crystal Reports and the java application.

For Microsoft SQL 2000, I am using net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.Driver

For Oracle, I am using oracle.jdbc.OracleDriver

Thank you for your help.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

aasavaribhave
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Crystal Reports 11 Developer doesn't have RAS. RAS is no more shipped as an independent product but it comes bundled with other Enterprise services. If you have any enterprise level product( CR Server or Enterprise XI) then you use use the RAS service in unmanaged way( the reports are not enterprise managed but just sit on your server.)

For JRC sample code visit following link.

https://boc.sdn.sap.com/samples/86/1191

If you want to use unmanaged RAS then refer to the following RAS samples for managed RAS. They will need some modification for using them as unamanaged RAS. More information is in Dev Library RAS sdk documentation.

https://boc.sdn.sap.com/samples/86/1194

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your answer.

I did some additional research and found that I can run the reports using Tomcat, the webserver I am currently using for my project.

My problem, now, is that I don't know what should I change to configure my application to make the report from tomcat.

I have CRConfig.ini and log4j.properties in my source folder but I don't know what I have to change in them.

I am also using the jdbc-odbc driver and not the ones that I mentioned previously.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

-I assume that you have already created an report based on JDBC connectivity and now you want to run that report from Tomcat.

Please follow following steps to run your report from Tomcat :

-Go to the webapps directory inside Tomcat and create a folder say 'Test'.This will your main folder from your application point of view.

-Go to the path : C:\Program Files\Common Files\Business Objects\3.0 and copy crystalreportviewers11 folder.

-Paste selected folder inside Test folder.Create another folder besides crystalreportviewers11 folder and name it as WEB-INF

-Inside WEB-INF , create two more folders and name them as classes and lib.

-Again go to the path :C:\Program Files\Common Files\Business Objects\3.0 \java and copy CRConfig.xml file and log4j.properties file.

-Paste this file inside classes folder.

-Copy all the JAR files from the location :C:\Program Files\Common Files\Business Objects\3.0 \java\lib and paste them inside lib folder of your application.

-Go inside the Test folder and paste your JSP and rpt files.

-Copy the JAR files required for JDBC (i.e ojdbc14.jar for oracle)and paste inside lib folder of your application.

-Give the path of this file in CRConfig.xml file of your application.

-Now you are ready to run your application.

-Run your application using : http://localhost:8080/Test/.jsp

Thanks,

Chinmay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please Dears,

I do exporting for crystal reports to pdf programatically by java.

Can some tell me how to migrate from crystal reports 10 to crystal reports 12.

I have tried the libraries in crystal report 12, but it is useless.

Note: I use JBoss as Application Server.

Thanks,