cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export sales

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am creating a export sales order and i would like to know how the system takes into account exchange rate into the sales order. Because i have not maintained exchange rate in the customer master. But the exchange is happening from inr to usd.

kindly help to know through which settings does this happen

thanks & regards,

guru prasad

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Standard uses exchange rate type 'M' (you can find rates in OB08).

Regarding date for the exchange - this is defined in 'pricing date' field in SO (VBKD-PRSDT).

You can manipulate proposed pricing date in customizing of SO type definition (VOV8).

Regards,

Dominik Modrzejewski

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You are right. But from where does the exchange rate follow into the sales doc, that is maintained in OB08.

And how does that follow into the billing doc.

guide me

Former Member
0 Kudos

Suppose customer currency is in USD, and you maintain condition record in INR. Here while creating Sale order system will check the OB08 for the exchange rate.

The same is copied to billing document through the copy control.

Goto VTLF>at item level youcan see PricingExchRate type and you have options whether to copy or determine exchange rate again in billing.

Sam

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Guru Prasad

Go to IMG Path -- Logistics-General --> Tax on Goods Movements --> India --> Basic Settings --> Maintain Company Code Settings. There select your company code and see what is maintained for the two fields

- Exch.rate type for CVD and

- Exchange rate type for exports

It would have been M & C respectively

So in ob08, for Exchange Rate Type M, whatever conversion rate is maintained, system will determine that exchange rate while creating sale order.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Lakshmipathi, I think the exchange rate type maintained as per the menu path mentioned are for determining exchange rate during excise invoice creation and not during sale order creation.

Regards,

GSL.