cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

field status group

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi gurus

hope ya all r doin great. the lay down is how do we know which G/L account should be assigned which FIELD STATUS group lets say rent = expense account , so i believe we assign G004 as field status group to this account and to all the other expenses accounts. i wish someone would tell me based on what the field status groups are assigned to their repective G/L's.

best regards

sayeed

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi gurus,

thnx for giving in the efforts. but what i still dont understand is based on what should i use the different field status groups in the g/ls creation. like we have about 42 FSG's what i dont get is why so many FSG's and what is the nature of each FSG.

srinivasa_maruvada
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Field status group

Determines the screen layout for document entry.

Fields can have the following statuses:

Optional entry - you can enter data in the field

Mandatory entry - you must enter data in the field

Suppressed - the field does not appear on the screen

Use

Enter the field status group in the master record of a G/L account. When you enter a document, the definitions stored for the group are effective.

Dependencies

The field status when you create a document also depends on the posting key.

The field status groups available are those grouped together in a field status variant and assigned to your company code.

FSG reduces the data to be entered at the time of posting a document by way of spcifying the fields for each group separately.

Cheers

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

thnx alot brother . that was indeed of great help. thank you very much. n want to thank all who put in their efforts to get it for me.

Edited by: sayeed bakhressa on Oct 29, 2008 9:19 PM

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

hi,

you can see in IDES system how the sytem use for sample company. as all of said it is purely dpending on client requriement. However, you can see for company 1000 which is SAP provided config using table view

T.code SE16

give table name: SKB1

give yor the company code 1000

execute

Vara

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Please excuse my lack of knowledge where a sample be seen of best practice of

Field Status Group and Sort Key.

I am not sure what the Condultant has mad mandatory and what is optional in FSG.

What GL accounts does one try to restrict to GL postings, Internal Orders or WBS ?? the Consultant has not enlightened us on the alternatives.

Cheers

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sayeed,'

FSG is used to control bookings made to GL accounts. Some accounts like electricity are cost center based where you would not like any postings coming from Internal order or WBS element. You want to make cost center postings compulsory to this account. Hencse in this scenario make Internal order and WBS fields supressed while Cost center field compulsory. This will result in making cost center enry mandatory while FI postings.

Hope this helps you in solving your query and have better CO control over FI GL's

Former Member
0 Kudos

FSG determines what fields are populated during transactions. So assignments to FSG is a purely subjective matter - you assign it as per your business needs.

E.g., you may not want to post some accounts to Business Areas, and hence you would assign such accounts to FSG where the BA posting is "optional" or "suppressed".

You may want to speak to your business representatives.

Cheers.