Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't execute query on the web from Query designer

bhat_vaidya2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I get the error below when trying to execute query from query designer.

"The Web template "WEB_TEMPLATE" does not exist in the master system.

In the past I can execute query from query designer without problem.

thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member595061
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I guess that means that the web template with which you try to execute the query just doesn't exist in your system.

Go to transaction SE38, if you are using Query Designer 3.X execute report 'RS_TEMPLATE_MAINTAIN' and type in the report name. If the outcome is empty, the template does not exist. Depending on which template you are using you can reactivate a standard web template from the business content again (transaction RSA1) and check afterwards if the A and the D version is the same (again report RS_TEMPLATE_MAINTAIN).

If you are using Query Designer 7.0 you have to use 'RS_TEMPLATE_MAINTAIN_70' instead. Procedure is the same as described above.

Regards,

Janine

bhat_vaidya2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your response.

I am currently using BI 7 and the template doesn't exist in the new BI 7 but its in BW 3.X.

I haven't migrated it to the new WAD7.0

My question is that why is it pointing to this template that doesn't exist in the new BI 7. Maybe I can undo it if I can find the place . I have checked SPRO settings and its blank.

thanks

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

bhat_vaidya2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I deleted the transport request created when I changed the templates from SPRO and it fixed the problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP NetWeaver 2004s: Setting Up BEx Web

SAP Note Number: 917950

Regards

Andreas