cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New debugger doesn't stop at external breakpoints

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm switched to the new debugger (using SAP Logon 7.10 PL10) and found out that the new debugger does not stop at external breakpoints in my BSP. When I switch back to the old debugger everything works fine, but the newer debugger is a lot more comfortable. I already searched the oss messages but didn't find any solution, so I just want to ask here before opening a new oss message.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

I think there is no general problem in using the new debugger for BSP-Applications

since it's working fine for me.

My experience is that the behavior of debugging BSP-Applications in not logical at all times.

Especially when you activate and deactivate a lot of breakpoints in one session.

Sometimes it helps to delete all breakpoints and the debugging-settings in Utilities->Settings..., to logoff,

to login again and make new settings. Close all browser sessions, too.

You can also try the following:

Go to transaction SICF, choose the BSP-Application you want to debug in the service-hierarchy and activate debugging in the menue Edit->Debugging->Activate Debugging...

Then call your BSP again. The debugger should show up in the bsp handler class and you can go

forward to your origin breakpoint.

Best Regards,

CW

UweFetzer_se38
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

another hint: please check the number of open modes. In the most systems you are only allowed to open 4 modes. In case the maximum number of modes is reached, the new debugger is not able to open a new one...

Regards,

Uwe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Those links are about basic usage of debugging. Debugging with the classic debugger works fine for me...no problems at all. The problem I have is that I want to use the new debugger with BSP applications (for abap coding the new debugger is working too) and it doesn't stop at the breakpoints I set. For e.g. if I don't make any changes to the breakpoints I have...classic debugger works, new debugger doesn't even show up. So it must be a problem related to the new debugger?

Former Member
0 Kudos