cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apply Substitution Rule

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I'm not much familiar with Controlling stuff since I'm more involved in QM. Your assistance would be much appreciated.

I need to create a substitution rule with the following scenario:

While posting the inspection stocks to scrap, the system issues an error message that the order is flagged for deletion. In fact, the order has already a deletion indicator, therefore can no longer revoked. A substitution rule was mentioned in the SAP note 137721. It states that the field to be substituted is order (COBL-AUFNR) and must be initialized.

Question:

How can I set the preconditions and the substitution rule? And what should be the preconditions?

Your response would be a great help.

Thanks,

JP

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I think your requirement is ---if the the condition set is satisfied then system should fire an error message. if this is the case then you need to create a Validation rule

if you want to give an order( without user knowledge) if the conditions set is satisfied, then only you can go for substitution rule.

In OKC9 you can chhose validation or substitution from environment tab

you can take your ABAP expert help for wrinting rule

Regards

Dinabandhu

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Jus follow the instructions of the note: go to OKC9, define the substitution with the prerequisites mentioned in the note, and substitute the AUFNR field with a 'blank'.

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Does that mean when the order was left blank or initialized it would no longer reference to an order but now to the cost center? I have checked the order and it seems that there is no cost center assigned.

Thanks,

JP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Notes says that you can find the Cost Center is stored for scrapping or a sample in the Quality Management plant settings for inspection lots of orgin 04. Pl check. We need to follow the instructions given in the OSS note and you can enlist the support of your technical consultants. I hope that you will resolve this problem. Trust this helps much! Cheers!