cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble with translation of a VC model.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

using VC 7.1 (from NWCE 7.1 SP5) I have modeled an iView. This iViews is meant to be used in a GP in the Portal. Now, I want to provide translations for this iView. To this end, I am relying on the document How to Translate a Visual Composer Model - Part I.

1. I have compiled and deployed the iView.

2. I have checked, that the required translation information files have been generated and contain the strings used in the iView.

3. Using the Portal's content administration I have copied the iView from WebDynpro application folder as portal content to the Visual Composer folder.

4. I have created a new translation worklist in the same folder.

5. I have added the iView to this translation worklist.

6. I have checked that the resolve references property is set to true.

7. I have click on the Generate Translation Data button.

Unfortunately, I do not see any localization items in the worklist which should appear now according to the document.

What am I doing wrong?

Best regards

Alexander

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

as I use my iView as a callable object in a GP it might be the case that I have to translate the callable object rather than the WebDynpro iView. Is that correct?

Now, I am facing the problem of how to translate a callable object. I have tried the following steps so far.

1. Created a callable object for my WD4VC WebDynpro.

2. I have activate the callable object.

3. I have started the ATranslation application.

Now, I am supposed to add the callable object to the translation list.

However, when I click on the Add button nothing happens.

What am I doing wrong here?

Best regards

Alexander

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

However, when I click on the Add button nothing happens.

Ok, today the Add buttons works as expected. Therefore, I consider this question as answered.

Best regards

Alexander

Former Member
0 Kudos

You have done everything correct thus far, just not completed the entire steps. See the following link:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/EN/74/641640b7b6dd5fe10000000a155106/content.htm

There is the translation definitions which you have generated ... they now need to be published once the worklist has been marked as translated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Douglas,

There is the translation definitions which you have generated ... they now need to be published once the worklist has been marked as translated.

If I understand the document from your link correctly, I have to translate the worklist first, then mark it as translated, and finally publish it. Am I right?

My problem is that the to be translated worklist does not contain the expected strings which I want to translate. My worklist only contains two strings. On of which is the name of the iView and the other might be the description. But all the labels and the like are missing.

Best regards

Alexander

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alexander,

I see here that you are following the right set of steps.

Even though you are facing with this problem, then i will suggest to please check your the step where to copy the iView from WebDynpro application folder as portal content to the Visual Composer folder.

Please check if all the contents are being copied properly or not?

Follow the same process.

I believe it should work fine.

Do let me know otherwise.

Bipul.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bipul,

Please check if all the contents are being copied properly or not?

How can I do that?

Thank you very much

Alexander