Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

asset transfer workflow.

former_member565100
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Can anyone provide details on worflow for assets inter company transfer .The asset needs to transfered to another companycode with asset -dep in the sending company code.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member565100
Active Participant
0 Kudos

As in my case in the sending company code its

hitting the loss on sale of fixed asset account i.e being debited..and not asset clearing account..i am posting the abt1n transaction using the net method and tty from sending company code is 270.

Where is the config to be changed or is my entry correct?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try to use in your new variant

200 Retirement without revenue

155 Net interco.transf.acquis. of current-yr acquis.

or

156 Net interco.transf.acquis. of prior-yr acquis.

Posting type from the transaction type should be Do not post to affiliated co and post net

In 200 don't select Retirment with revenue

In our sytem they have changed the settings in the standard transaction type, I don't know if it is standard or not.

Never change the standard but create a z version (Z00, Z55 and Z56

Menue path in SPRO

Asset Accounting / Transactions:

Acquisitions / Define Transaction Types for Acquisitions

Retirements / Define Transaction Types for Retirements

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

former_member565100
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks paul for ur detailed answer.My query is resolved

former_member565100
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanx paul i have now undertood the notes and also requirement,one more question.

When i am transfering from one company code to

another :

The recieving company code the entry is

ASSET

ACC DEP

ASSET CLEARING ACCONT

Sending company (and in

sending company code i have made the option

to transfer with out revenue)

ASSET

ACC DEP

LOSS ON SALE FA

Can you let me know what is the role of

asset clearing account in the recieving cocode.

Do i need to clear this???

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi I had a look in and old posting it is posted on the ASSET CLEARING ACCONT and don't create an intercompany posting.

In this case you have to make a posting to both companies to clear this account (was not working as I was thinking)

This was one of me old test cases

Sending

Itm PK Account Account short text Assignment Tx Amount

1 70 12100000 1200402004763 0000 6.446,92

2 75 12200000 120002004763 0000 193,92-

3 50 12104000 ASSET CLEARING ACCOUNT 6.253,00-

Receiving

Itm PK Account Account short text Assignment Tx Amount

1 75 12100000 130002000001 0000 6.446,92-

2 70 12200000 130002000001 0000 193,92

3 40 12104000 ASSET CLEARING ACCOUNT 6.253,00

former_member565100
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Paul

Thanks for your quick replies!

I have checked the note 327088.I would like to have clarification on what is the use of consolidation transaction type we give while defing the transaction type.Even though i say no revenue while doing inter company asset transfer it still goes to LOSS SALE-FA in sending company the difference between APC Value and Dep value and also in recieving company code it goes to New asset and asset clearing account.Can you explain me what is this asset clearing account.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi I think you use now a transaction type with revenue

Spend some time on the oss note and tray to understand it, when this is new for you it cost some time, I don't know how your system is set up and what you are doing.

Put on paper what you want to do in the transfer posting, when you can not use a standard one copy an existing on

As transfer account is the account you set up in FI for intercompany transactions

The posting is normal

New cc

Asset

Asset depreciation

transfer account

Old company

transfer account

Asset depreciation

Asset

When you post to a P&L Account it is the result from revenue or when you use an other asset value date as the current month

Paul

former_member565100
Active Participant
0 Kudos

When i try to do abt1n,system says Transaction type 250 not possible,(posting to affliated company)

what does that mean...i understand that for 250tty..posting to affliated company is not allowed.How do i determine whether its affliated company or not.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You have to look in OSS note 327088, this explain how it is working

Look if the settings is the same as in your system

In the most cases it is using affliated company in the transaction type's

You can create a new transfer variant variant without transaction types that is using transaction types for affliated company

srinivasa_maruvada
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

You can transfer asset from the existing company code to new company code partially/fully to a newly created (or to existing asset) asset in other company code. Use TCode ABT1N. No inter company transfer WF exists for assets

Cheers

Srinivas

former_member565100
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Can you please let me know is the transfer done on Netasset value(Asset value-depreciation amt in sending company) and the same is taken as acquisition value in the recieving company code.Can any one please let me know the accounting entries posted on this and any further details on this.

srinivasa_maruvada
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

It transfers along with accumulated depreciation/APC to other company code.

Dr Accu Dep

Dr Other Company A

Cr Asset

Cheers

Srinivas

Z

former_member565100
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanx srinivas!

Please can you clear me let me know any specific configuration i need to do in the system before i run the transaction ABT1N ,the transfer is with in the same client different company code.

And also can you let me know what is the difference between transfer variant ---Gross method and net method while transfereing..with accounting effect which would have in both methods with an example for me if possible.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When your system is not to old (upgrade's from 3.1,..) The standard transfers should be working.

When not you can found more information in SAP note 327088. In that note is a short explanation about the transfer variant.

First you have to know what you want and not what is possible. Based on that you can found the method you need

For the yournals make a test case in your test /deverlopment system and you will see direct the results.

In the SAP help you will found more information.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/4f/71fd71448011d189f00000e81ddfac/frameset.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is no workflow for that. The transaction for an intercompany transfer is ABT1N.