cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing JAR file for SyncBO?

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have created a SyncBO, exported the MeRepMeta.xml file, and created a SmartSync application in Netweaver Dev Studio using this XML file.

However, when I try to use any of the classes from the SmartSync project in an existing AWT application (MI Project) I get the error:

"Cannot fine the class file for com.sap.mbs.core.bo.RowBOManager"

I can't find RowBOManager or com.sap.mbs anything anywhere on my system.

We installed the MDK on my system from a CD because the customer didn't have the WebConsole install set up. I installed only the "Core" files and not the Tomcat related stuff.

Is there another Jar file I need that contans the com.sap.mbs classes? If so, where do I find it?

On a related question, do I need the Tomcat stuff installed if I am doing AWT?

Obviously a newbie at this.

Thanks,

Adam

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Adam,

Welcome to SDN Forums

Installing the MDK from the CD OR DVD. Check this link...

I recommend you to re-install the mdk.

1. Getting Started.

2. MDK configuration in Netweaver Development Studio(NDS)

3. MDK Preferences

When you are installing the MI Client there are 2 types.

1. JSP

2. AWT

Since you are intrested in the jar file your MI client is AWT.(Obvious)

4. Check these FAQ's

http://media.sdn.sap.com/public/html/submitted_docs/MI/MDK_2.5/content/gettingstarted/introduction/F...

Hope it helps.

Reward points for useful answers.

Regards,

Maheswaran.B

Message was edited by: Maheswaran B

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jo,

I am creating the project from scratch. I go into File->New->Other->MDK->Smart Synch, then specify my MeRepMeta.xml file.

With version 09 it is creating a project with references to the mbs libraries, and looks to be setup for JSP (I need AWT).

I installed sp15 (from the SDN download site) on another PC and tried the same thing. No references to the mbs libraries, but the generated project was VERY heavy on the JSP related references, including libraries that are apparently installed with Tomcat from the MDK that I did not install as I only installed the "Core" files from the MDK.

Something I am still not clear on is whether I need to install the Tomcat/JSP related parts of the MDK at all since I am doing AWT exclusively.

Thanks,

Adam

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

helo bryan,

it seems that you are looking for an MBS related

library. some applications developed by Mobile

Businees Solutions (MBS) group has a framework APIs

which works on top of the MI APIs. you have to include

this library (jar)files into your project. im not sure

of the library name, for sure you will find it in the

war archive of the application.

regards

jo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the responses.

I have reinstalled MI several times and am reasonably confident it is right, so I don't think I will try that at this point.

What is Mobile Business Solutions and why would the SmartSync project generated by NWDS using the MeRepMeta.xml generated by SAP refer to any third party libraries? I have searched my whole drive numerous times and can't find a JAR, WAR, ZIP or anything else that has the missing classes in it.

At this point I think I will just create the SyncBO code myself and forget about using the code from the SmartSync project.

Thanks,

Adam

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello adam,

can you give me your NWDS version?

jg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jo,

Version 2.0.9 Build 200411030238

From the Studio plug-ins the Mobile Development Kit Tools version is 2.5.1.1.

Progress to date:

I have integraged the SmartSyncDBAccess.java file from the InventoryAWT example app into my existing AWT MI application, rather than using the code generated when I created the SmartSync project. I only had to make minor modifications to refer to my SyncBO name and what-not. When I run the app it doesn't seem to be creating (attaching to?) the SyncBO so I have other issues to track down. I do know that the SyncBO that was created on the SAP system by a co-worker is not correct so fixing that may resolve some of my issues.

Thanks,

Adam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Adam,

So when you copied the class file over you didnt have any more errors and the classes were recognized?

-Wael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Wael,

The code from the InventoryAWT application did not refer to the missing classes (com.sap.mbs.*) like the one from the SmartSync project (generated by SAP NWDS) did.

I even did a Google search and the only reference to these missing classes I can find is this post.

I'm puzzled as to why the NWDS generated SmartSync project would refer to classes that don't exist (at least anywhere that I can find).

Adam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Adam,

If your MDK preferences in NWDS are not setup correctly it will generate these errors. That has happened to a colleague who had the nwds pointing to the wrong MI client installation folder (which was missing the lib files).

So you need to confirm your MI client files are complete.

Hope this helps,

Wael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Wael,

Not finding the library seems to be the problem, but I can't find a JAR file anywhere on my system or in the MDK install (either Tomcat or AWT installs), or on the internet that includes the missing classes.

Every other project I have tried has compiled and worked fine. It is just the SmartSync project generated by NWDS that references the missing libraries.

I will check again to insure that the configuration is correct.

Thanks,

Adam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Adam,

Word of advice, upgrade your NWDS to atleast sp13. There have been many changes in the api and wizards since sp9.. specially from sp9 to sp10. and a big one from sp12 to sp13. Try to upgrade your MI Server to the same level too.

Good luck,

Wael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Wael,

That sounds like a very good suggestion. Where would I find the latest version? The download area of SDN has "SAP NetWeaver 04 SP15". Would this be the right one? Can I just install the Netweaver Developer Studio from this without all the extras?

Thanks,

Adam

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello adam,

i had tried creating a simple smartsync project specifying

a meRepMeta.xml as well. i didn't find any references to

the mbs libraries that you described. im using sp14 of

NWDS, but since sp9, i couldn't remember that if i had

such problem.

are you creating a project from scratch? or are you

importing an archive (including the source) into the