cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transport Transfer between vendors

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

we have next scenario: we have stock subcontracting in vendor A. We need to do manipulate this stock in vendor B, but it's necessary to transport stock from vendor A to vendor B. What is the best possibility to do it? The responsible to transport this stock is vendor A.

Thank you, I will give puints!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

Is your individulal sub-contractors have been treated as a seperate storage location attached to any of your plants?

Regards

Merwyn

Former Member
0 Kudos

"Hi Daniel,

Is your individulal sub-contractors have been treated as a seperate storage location attached to any of your plants?

Regards

Merwyn"

-- Only exists stock subcontract associated to vendor A and vendor B. Is not a external storage location

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member529134
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hey Daniel,

From what i think, the only solution is to enter the GR 101 for the F-30 from the vendor 1 and then to issue it to vendor 2 or 3 or 4 by another document with 541.

No need to receive the physical stock.Once when u get the information about the second vendor and when the stock is is going to be moved, make the receipt for the F-30 material and do the transfer posting simultaneously.

Regards

Gregory Mathews

Former Member
0 Kudos

"""Hi,

If subcontractors are using the same components, you cannot transfer the from one subcontractor's special stock to the other's (standard SAP).

If subcontractor1's output (F-30 material) is the input (component) of subcontractor2, you can solve this by specifying subcontractor2 on the delivery address tab of subcontractor1's PO. The goods will arrive to subcontractor2 by mvt 101 + 'O'.""

-- The second case is not posible. Is not a sequential process. When Vendor A finish his manipulation shouldn't transfer stock to Vendor B until CUSTOMER says it. Can be a lot of days between two steps.

The first case I don't understand. Can you tell me more please?

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think you should tell what you want exactly because it's not clear what is the process you are speaking about.

You have to vendor: sc-vendor1 & sc-vendor2.

sc-vendor produces material1 (f-30) using component1, component2

sc-vendor2 produces material2 (f-30) using component1, component3

You cannot move component1 from sc-vendor1's special stok directly to sc-vendor2's special stock, no mvt is designed for this in standard system.

Regards,

Csaba

Former Member
0 Kudos

My scenario is:

You have to vendor: sc-vendor1 & sc-vendor2.

sc-vendor1 produces material1 (f-30) using component1

independent moments, is not sequential, we can't to use purchase order sc-vendor1 to put delivery adrees sc-vendor2

sc-vendor2 produces material2 (f-60) using material1 (f-30)

Edited by: Daniel on Oct 9, 2008 11:53 AM

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, please check the delivery address tab of your PO (that was issued to sc-vendor1). You will find a thick box ('SC vend') and a field ('Vendor'). Fill them (refering to sc-vendor2) and when you book the GR the goods will get to sc-vendor2's special stock by mvt 101 + 'O'.

Csaba

Edited by: Csaba Szommer on Oct 9, 2008 11:59 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I repeat, this solution is not possible. When sc-vendor 1 finish material 1, the destiny of this material is not sc-vendor2 always, maybe is sc-vendor3 or sc-vendor4, etc... It's independent things. When you create purchase order for sc-vendor 1, user doesn't know what sc-vendorX will be next step.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In that case you will need to do the transfer in two steps, first do a MB1B 542 for vendor A and then do a new issue using MB1B 541 to vendor B,

Transportation charges if any, will need to be met with a direct FI posting.

Regards

Merwyn

former_member529134
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Daniel

I feel the second option given by Csaba is the best to map your scenario.

ie go for the delivery address of the Vendor B in the subcontracting PO for Vendor A.

You have to just get in touch with the vendor B and enter the GR with movement type 101-O once the vendor B receives the materials from vendor A.

Regards

Gregory Mathews

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If subcontractors are using the same components, you cannot transfer the from one subcontractor's special stock to the other's (standard SAP).

If subcontractor1's output (F-30 material) is the input (component) of subcontractor2, you can solve this by specifying subcontractor2 on the delivery address tab of subcontractor1's PO. The goods will arrive to subcontractor2 by mvt 101 + 'O'.

Regards,

Csaba

Edited by: Csaba Szommer on Oct 9, 2008 11:28 AM