cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account Lifecycle/ BP Role and Replication to ECC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts.

I am seeking advise on the best approach to implement the following scenario in SAP CRM 2007:

We want different screens depending on customer "status" (eg. roles: prospect, customer, ship-to). We also want that only business partners who are not prospects are replicated to ECC.

I know that with the new WEB UI, i can control the screen (fields etc.) by the account lifecycle and I know that replication is normally controlled by BP role, however this means that the user have to change both the role and the account lifecycle stage when a prospect becomes a customer, which I do not like....

Is there a way to change the role when I change the lifecycle stage automatically?

Or is there a whole other approach to solve my scenario?

Any advise is appreciated.

Best regards, Mia

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Arno-Meyer
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Mia!

Iu2019m not 100% sure if this is possible easily.

One very (too) simple solution could be to use the relevant roles within the Life-Cycle but this would limit the flexibility of the Account Life-Cycle.

As you know, the Account Life-Cycle uses nothing else than BP Roles in a Role Exclusion Group.

E. G. if you have on Life-Cycle Stage u201CProspectu201D and later the Stage u201CSold-to Partyu201D.

The problem here is:

a) this role will not longer be visible in Roles Assignment-Block

b) Itu2019s not possible to have two stages (Roles) at the same time. If you set one Life-Cycle status the previous Status (Role) will get deleted

What you are asking is to automatically set a role, if a certain Life-Cycle Status is set. All roles relevant for replication are not used within the Life-Cycle but the user should not have to do this kind of u201Cdouble-maintenanceu201D.

I guess, it is not intended to remove a role automatically dependent of the Life-Cycle(?).

I donu2019t know the technical details but I would assume that there is an option to set a BP Role, but I donu2019t know this exactly.

Note [1117424|https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1117424] describe how to assign the Role u201CContactu201D automatically, but this is not dependent on the Life Cycle.

Best regards

Arno

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arno.

Thank you for your answer. One small clarification. if I use the lifecycle, as you say the "roles" assigned as lifecycle stage cannot be seen in the roles tab. How about in ECC - If I have a prospect ligecycle step and I change it to a customer (and thereby send it to ECC), will it have the sold-to role in ECC? what then if I change it back to a prospect later on.

Any input will be highly appriciated.

Thanks, Mia

Arno-Meyer
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Mia!

Thatu2019s somehow difficult. If you use the Life-Cycle you will usually have a defined sequence which prevents a change of the Life-Cycle Stage in this direction. But this is really up to the Customer how he defines the subsequence of Life-Cycle Stages.

In principle, if you change the Status from u201CCustomeru201D to u201CProspectu201D this would delete the Role u201CCustomeru201D in CRM. The behavior should be the same if you have the role u201CCustomeru201D in the Roles Assignment-Block and deletes this Role.

But as I mentioned I donu2019t want to recommend the usage of Roles which are relevant for the Sales Classification within the Life-Cycle.

One issue is also described in Note [1048305|https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1048305] as existing Account records have already be maintained with these BP Roles.

From my point of view, if would be interesting to u201Ctriggeru201D the assignment of a Role automatically after a certain Life-Cycle Stage has been selected. Not sure what to do to enable this.

Best regards

Arno

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks again.

Do you know if I delete the customer role in CRM, will it delete and roles in ECC? My guess is no, I just want to make sure.

I am thinking we will not really use the BP roles in CRM but use only the customer lifecycle, I guess I can set replication to ECC based on this as well? - my guess is also that even if i set replication to only replicate customers, if i then again delete this lifecycle "role" the replication will not stop.

Do you have any experience with this?

BTW, I so much better liked the old way with the BP roles beeing able to affect fields etc.:-) Are there notes describing how to use the "old concept" instead'

Thanks, Mia

Arno-Meyer
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Mia!

The first question I have to discuss with development.

For the 2nd question there is a note available. It's not that you have the Role as a View-Control, but you can define views dependent on different attributes.

Please check Note:

[1257009 Role-dependent field modification not supported|https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1257009]

Best regards

Arno

Answers (0)