cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Field explorer does not open on my terminal services profile

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sirs,

For some reason I am unable to open my field explorer in any crystal report on my terminal services profile. I have checked with other profiles and the problem does not exist. The problem is specific to my profile. I can also create new reports and access fields however if I use the filed explorer button I cannot access fields, parameters or formulas from there. Problem just started this morning. We have been using crystal reports X1 for last 12 months. Would it be a terminal server issue?

I would appreciate whatever help you can give me.

Regards,

Philip Brady

Finance Director

National Electrical Wholesalers (Irl) Ltd

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was unable to open Field Explorer, too. I just got it back. Here's how.

Go to View > Toolbars

Check the box that says "Reset all toolbars and explorers on next restart"

Click OK

Close Crystal Reports and reopen. Open a report in Design view or Preview view. The Field Explorer should now be visible.

Penny Ridderbusch

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am having the same problem on a stand-alone laptop running on Windows XP. One day field explorer just vanished. I got it back briefly by opening one of the sample reports. But now it's gone again.

How can I get field explorer back?

I tried reinstalling Crystal Reports, but the problem remains. I did not unistall first.

Penny Ridderbusch

Seattle, WA

Edited by: Penny Ridderbusch on Nov 3, 2008 7:16 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is not an answer but a related request for help. I have the same issue, not on a terminal server, but on a regular Windows Small Business Server. I found a suggestion in the SAP Crystal Notes area to resolve the same issue with Crystal version 9 which involves modifying the registry. I have version 12, but tried it anyway. It did NOT work. This is very frustrating.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Asha,

I will probably try the uninstall re-install route. I will come back to you with result.

Regards

Philip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Philip

Would suggest you to do the below steps:

1.) Suggested: Export the Crystal Reports folder from the registry of a profile that is working. Import that into the registry of the profile that is not working. This should fix the issue.

2.) If that does not work, create a new profile to use if possible.

3.) If that is not possible, I would recommend to reinstall the Crystal Reports.

Note:Before making any changes in the registry would request you to take a backup.

Hope it will helps you.

Regards

Asha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Version of terminal server is microsoft 2003 R2 and crystal reports X1.

Is there a patch that can be downloaded or will it require an uninstall of crystal and reinstall?

Should that resolve the problem

Regards,

Philip Brady

Former Member
0 Kudos

I too am having the same problem. It was working fine for the last year and I have been using it. Then out of no where I click the button it does nothing. I need service on this fast as we heavily rely on editing these reports.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Philip

This can be an issue with the terminal server that you are using. Please refer to the Crystal Reports XI supported platforms guide if the server that you are using is supported or not.

You can download the guide from the below link:

[download CR XI supported platforms guide|http://www.2shared.com/file/4065156/f2ef25e1/cr_xi_supported_platforms.html]

Hope this helps!!

Regards

Sourashree