cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different BDC per versions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts!

Is it posible to use difrent BDC for one item per versions?

Example:

Item 1000 has MT with required entry in version 100 and the same item in version 200 should has MT as optional entry.

Thanks,

Pawel

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pawel,

AFAIK, BDC is ConsArea dependent and Version independent.

Items are Chart of Accounts (== ConsArea) dependent.

So, my answer is : No, it's impossible.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

dan_sullivan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I only heard from SAP at the SAP Financials 2008 conference that version-dependent BDC would be provided in an upcoming enhancement package for BCS.

One existing option for your situation may be to make the movement type optional in BDC for item 1000 with a subsequent validation to check for movement type on item 1000 for version 100.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Eugene and Dan

I saw in customiznig that there is Accounting Objcet for Special Version Types and addition when I generate List settings for item there is option to select version - that I thought it is possible.

In that case there is no other option and wait for next EhPackage

Dan

Your suggestion is absolutely correct but how You thing it'll be better solution to use Required entry for MT in both version but with Default value (default for using in version 200). Of course there is a risk to enter Dafault in version 100 but validatio can check it.

Regards,

Pawel

dan_sullivan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Pawel,

Yes having movement type required with default when blank is another option where the validation I mentioned earlier would not be needed, or could be changed to check that the default movement type for version 100 is not used or is within some threshold value.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Dan

Regards,

Pawel