Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invoicing plan without messages for the vendor

former_member504446
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello gurus,

I would like to use periodic invoicing plans for specific vendors. But when I try to generate credit memos for the vendors (MRIS), the system keeps telling me that no message records for the vendors could be found and no documents are created (error message M8447).

The help offers two possible solutions for this:

1. Create message records for the vendors (which I think I did, but it did not change anything)

2. Turn off the error message in customizing if I do not need any messages sent to the vendors. Unfortunatelly, it does not tell me how to turn the message off.

Could anyone please tell me where I can turn off the error message?

Thanks in advance

Alicia

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

pankaj_singh9
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to MRM1 and maintain the condition record for Message Type ERS for Company Code level and then try.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member504446
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Pankaj,

thanks a lot, but I already tried that, did not work either.

By the way: The whole process works perfectly in our IDES-system, but the generated message type there is INS, not ERS. Needless to say that creating a message record for that message type did not work either.

What drives me crazy is that I cannot find any difference in the customizing of IDES and our real system. Nonetheless this works in IDES but it does not in the other system.

So my idea was to turn off the error message, but I just cannot figure out where to do it.

Any ideas?

Alicia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Alicia

I noticed your problem on SDN and I am wondering how you solved it. I have the exact same problem right now.

Appreciate any help you can provide.

J

former_member504446
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello J,

unfortunatelly, we did not solve the problem.

The SAP documentation proposed to deactivate the error message (msg. 447) in customizing (IMG -> Materials management -> Logistics Invoice Verification -> Define Attributes of System Messages).

We did and the error message disappeared. Nonetheless we still cannot generate messages for our vendors. But at least we can use the function at all.

Please give me a hint, if you find a solution!

Thanks

Alicia

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need to maintain the output message type for INS (Invoice Plan). You can maintain using the company code and vendor combination. Hope this will help you solve your problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi. I too was looking for this, and could not find an answer on SDN, so had to go and find it in SAP.

I have got it working, and if you are still interested, what I had to do was create a new schema in the IMG > Materials Management > Logistics Invoice Verification > Message Determination > Maintain message schema.

The schema has to be called "MR0006", it is hard coded in transaction MRIS.

You can then put any output type in the schema, I have put ERS in there becasue we want the ERS invoice to look the same as the invoice plan invoice, but you can put the same or different.

As long as you have a schema MR0006 it should be fine.

Regards,

Dave.

fortian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have the same problem but we have the message scheme "MR0006" all ready created with condition type INS in it. And we have already created a Condition Record in MRM1 for condition type INS for partner function VN - Vendor.

What else should me check? Thanks