cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SVCMgr.exe cannot be started

Former Member
0 Kudos

Morning all,

I have stupidly updated the ODBC connection drivers from SAP for my Crystal Reports Server 2008 and after a reboot I can no longer run the server. Whenever I try to the the Central Configuration Manager I get the following error.

SvcMgr.exe Entry point not found

The procedure entry point?CanStackDump@SLogger@CXLib400@@SA_NXZ could not be located in the dynamic link library CXLibw-4-0.dll

Any Ideas what it means and how to resolve this?

Regards

Jehanzeb

Edited by: Jehanzeb Navid on Oct 9, 2008 10:10 AM

Ok when I tried to repair it, it gave me the following error.

cms.exe Entry point not found

The procedure entry point?ShouldAssert@CXLib400@@YA_NPBD@Z could not be located in the dynamic link library CXLibw-4-0.dll

I don't know what is going on here. Could someone please help me on this.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

claudio_vercesi
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I've just installed the BO Edge Series + Crystal Reports SP1 + BO Xcelsius

BO BOE XI 3.0 (Serv+Client)

CRYSTAL REPORTS 2008 SP1

BO Xcelsius Engage & Enterprise 2008

and after reboot I've the same problem

Anybody can help me?

I haven't update the ODBC driver.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Morning Claudio,

It's Crystal Reports 2008 SP1 which is your culprit. SP1 has some issues with BOE, well as far as I have seen it doesn't work properly.

Try uninstall SP1 and install SP0.

(please note: when I did the SP1 install and uninstall, it still didn't work for me. I had to reinstall the whole thing again with SP0. This might not be the case for you but I'd say first try uninstalling SP1 and install SP0 and see if that works. If not then I am afraid you have to uninstall the whole thing as far as I can see).

Regards

Jehanzeb

Former Member
0 Kudos

We generally get this error message if we install different patches of Crystal Reports 2008 or BOXI 3.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well patches to my understanding should fix the issues not increase them. In this case it kept crashing the program until I got fed up and started all over again.

Since then I haven't installed any patches nor have plan to do until their new 2009 version comes out (better to buy the whole new package.

Regards

Jehanzeb

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

How have you solved the problem?

Thanks, saludos

Former Member
0 Kudos

To be honest I reinstalled the server again as I tried almost every solution (suggested and tried) by people online. None seemed to work

Regards

Jehanzeb

Former Member
0 Kudos

no answer closing question