cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Post merging of records in MDM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All

we are merging the records in MDM.Selected 3 records and merged to one new record. In key mapping we have now 3 remote keys corresponding to original records selcted for merging. Now the same information has to be syndicated back to ECC system. Out of the 3 keys available 1 wll be default one which can be syndicated to ECC.

requirement is to send the other 2 records information to ECC where we can initiate the deletion process as well. Please help.

Thanks

Ravi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

While syndicating the records, you need to specify the remote system in destination properties and in Map properties select the checkbox for Suppress records without key.

This will syndicate only those records which has remote key for the system which you have selected in destination properties.

For eg:

If you have three remote systems System A, System B, System C and key for System A is your default key; then when you select System B in destination properties and select Suppress records without key then Syndicator will syndicate the key for System B only. Similarly you can do for System C.

Please let me know, if problem still persists.

Regards,

Varun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Varun for the quick reply. But in our case we have the same single remote system, ECC wherein we have duplicates.

regards

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Please correct me if I am wrong but what I am understanding from your question is that; initially you had 3 records from 3 different systems with 3 different keys --> then you merged all the three records into one single record --> now for that one record you have 3 keys pointing to 3 different remote systems.

You want to syndicate that record with all the three keys in a single file...Right?

For this, Open the syndicator --> go to map properties --> go to output Remote systems --> from there select all those 3 remote systems for which you want to syndicate the keys --> also select Supress records without key --> perform all the mapping in Item Mapping --> map key values as well to the destination fields --> now in the Destination Preview you should be able to see all the three keys for that single merged record.

Regards,

Varun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

In my last reply I failed to interpret your question correctly; apologies for that.

If all the duplicates are from same remote system; then in syndicator when you select that remote system in destination properties and in map properties when you select Suppress Records without Key then it should syndicate all the keys for that merged record irrespective of the Default key.

This is working fine on my side so it should work for you as well.

Please try this.

Regards,

Varun

Edited by: Varun Agarwal on Oct 9, 2008 3:36 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

let me further clarify:

we have all the records from same ECC system and MDM is used for cleansing. After running de dup check in MDM we arrived at duplicates which needs to be merged and then this information for deletion of duplicate records has to go back to the same target system ECC.

initially you had 3 records from same systems with 3 different keys as ECC vendor ID is mapped to remote key --> then you merged all the three records into one single record --> now for that one record you have 3 keys pointing to same remote systems but with different remote key values.

hope this is more clear. Awaiting all your help.

regards

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Please follow these steps:

1. In Syndicator, go to destination properties --> select Remote system as ECC.

2. Go to map properties pane --> select Suppress Records without key

3. Go to item mapping tab --> now map Remote Key value with your destination field

4. Map Auto ID field on source side with the destination field.

5. Now go to Destination preview tab; there you should see 3 records with same Auto Id but different Remote key values.

6. Now when you syndicate this data to your ECC system then from Auto ID field you will come to know that what all records are duplicates because all the duplicates will have same Auto ID.

As far as default key is concerned; when you select ECC system in destination properties; then syndicator will syndicate all the keys for ECC system irrespective of the Default key.

It is working fine on my end; so it work for you as well.

Regards,

Varun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

initially you had 3 records from same systems with 3 different keys as ECC vendor ID is mapped to remote key --> then you merged all the three records into one single record --> now for that one record you have 3 keys pointing to same remote systems but with different remote key values.

- When you merge three different records into one record in MDM,they will have three different Remote Key values,pertaining to their individual local record identification.However they will possess a single Global Key which will identify them as Duplicates.

- When you talking to syndicate data back to ECC,you will face two main challenges

1) Standard ECC tables do not have a separate field to store the global ID send from MDM besides the local id Filed(say Vendor ID).In MDM you can store both the values for the duplicate rec,the local id and the global id,but in ECC you can store only one.

2)In MDM syndicator you have a field in the Source side as Remote Key.This is enabled when you make key mapping as yes in MDM console for that table.Under this field you have two fields <Value> and <Remote System>.The Value field is used to store the local ids of the records and the Vendor Id field in the MDM rep will actually store your global id values.So the View the local ids you will have to map the value field toa corresponding destination field in the std Schema.Which i dont think is present.

So in the case where you use ECC data values to find duplicates.You can identify them but cannot merge and send them back to ECC.

Hope this clears your concept.

Hope It Helped

Thanks & Regards

Simona Pinto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

If your query has been solved, then please mark this thread as answered so that others having similar queries can refer your thread.

Regards,

Varun