cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Costing - what price is being used?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

I am trying to cost a FERT material, it has only 1 component, a raw materialt with "S" as price control indicator.

When i run CK11N for FERT, material is costed without error even if standard price was not maintained. It gets the moving average price instead. When i tried to maintain the standard price or the ROH then run CK11N again, it gets the standard price.

Is this the standard functionality of costing?

It will get either MAP or Standard price of the component, which ever is available?

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check the Valuation Variant for the (Raw) Material. My guess is, the strategy contains:

a. Standard Price

n. Moving Average Price, etc.

In the first instance, it did not find a SP since it wasn't maintained, hence it picked up the next derived price (MAP, which probably was maintained). When you maintain the SP, it the sequence exits there and hence the system lives with the SP it found.

Cheers.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Check costing variant (OKKN) - valuation variant. This is where you defined your price control for ROH valuation. Chhose accordingly. It is standard price then MAP price in strategy

so you can change....basically you can consider like

planned price

info record price

std price

MAP price

for roh.

Regards

Dinabandhu

former_member740051
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you maintain the pricing control for ROH with S, then you need to run standard cost estimate for ROH also. And this Standard price will be picked up for FERT cost roll-up. Moving ave price of ROH will not be considered for cost roll up of FERT. This is SAP standard.

Hope, it clears ur doubt!