Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

WebI runtime requirements

Hi,

Issue

If I try to create a new WebI report or to modify one it loads Java to call the report design panel. It tries to install Java. This causes an error message, because users don't have administrative rights on their machines. So far (not) so good...

However JDK 1.5.x is already installed on the clients. This matches to requirements in platforms.pdf. Browser is also configured to use this runtime environment.

What do I need to do to force client browser to use existing java environment and not to download and install from BOE

Environment

fresh new install of BOE 3.0

win 2003 standard SP2

IE 6.0 SP2

Any idea?

regards,

Thorsten

replied

Hello Thorsten,

I don't know what version of BO you have installed and whether or not the offered Java version is newer than the one installed. If so, then perhaps you should have a look at SAP note 1200724, which explains how to change the version of the Java Runtime offered as a download.

Are you sure that the JDK installed is used by Internet Explorer? It could be that it's still set to use the MS Virtual Machine. Have a look at the Internet Explorer options. Also, if you configure the JDK to show the VM console while active, you can have a look at the version that's actually being used.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Kristof

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question