cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grouping

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a requirement.

I am amidst the Asset Accounting configuration. I am unaware about the requirement of Group Asset. The Depreciation area required to maintain are book depreciation & tax depreciation.

I have 6 asset classes. for example under one asset class 'furniture & Fixtures', I have sub-groups a) Furniture; & b) Electrical fittings.

How should I proceed with the Group Asset settings ?

How can I represent the Main Asset class : Furniture & Fixtures

How can I represent the sub-groupings : (a) Furniture (b) Electrical fittings

Also advise about the G/L accounts required for the Group Assets ? Is there any problem if I use same G/L number each for Acquisiton, sale, accumulated depreciation & ordinary depreciation for all the different classes of Group Asset ?

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

closed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Babu,

You can define in SAP 5 user fieds (4 are 4 long and one 8)see in the pad master date and in all the reports you can select / sort on it.

It is possible to give your own name to these fields.

I think you should only use (in the most cases) different asset classes when you have different account assignments.

When you have only some asset classes and you use different default values (You set up in the assignment asset class /depreciation area) you can use more asset classes

Example

class 1000 Servers depreciation key XXXX use full live 5 years

class 1010 Computers depreciation key ZZZZ use full live 3 years

But you use the same account assignment computers

When you have to many asset classes users will use a wrong asset class and than you have to transfere it to an other one. The use filed you can change without transfere posting

Keep a good mix